Sign in to follow this  

KC area riding?

I just moved up here from Springfield, Mo and have no idea of any places to ride. looking for just about anyplace to ride. Anybody know of any places?

Thanks Crash for listing my website www.kcrider.com

As in the heart of KC, your out of luck. Pretty much have to travel 1.5 to 3 hours to find a legal trail riding place. But lots of mx tracks listed at www.mostatemx.com

There is an offroad group working on trying to get Tiffany Springs, just South of the airport (the crash buffer zone) reopened, but not finding anyone to provide reasonable insurance is holding those plans us, same for the new riding area along the Missouri river at 291 hwy. I did have a friend that provided me with group that provides reasonable insurance, so lets see if KCMO Parks and Rec are really interested in opening these places.

Deepwater and Perry Lake have become over ran and totally destroyed by quad riders. If you want to go to quad city, just hit up Deepwater in Clinton, MO or Perry Lake in Lawerence, KS.

My favorite riding areas is Oakland (close to Topeka) and Milford Lake (School Creek) Junction City, Kansas.

Rick

There's also a place south of Sedalia just outside of Cole Camp, MO called Walters Ranch. You can find info on it in the where to ride forum of the kansasracing message board. If you liked Chadwick while you were down that way, you'll like this place. about 18 miles of 4 wheeler trails, and 10-12 miles of virgin single track that myself and a few buddies have cut in over this summer. Its pretty much under the radar, so not too many people actually go there unless theres a race. In the 4 times I've been this summer, only once was there anyone other than myself and my buddies there.

The place near Topeka (about 10 min. past the toll booth off i-70) has a couple of nice single track loops. One loop is pretty easy and the other is fairly challenging with a bunch of log crossings.

Would like some trail time myself this weekend - Russell, you out there? Let me know if you would like to go to the Topeka place for a few hours of riding this weekend some time.

Also, anyone from KC heading to the OCCRA Talahina Grand Prix Sept. 10? I am planning to go.

Perry is pretty hacked up but is a little closer and would be good for mid-week or cold weekend riding when not too crowded.

Anybody riding at the Topeka place this weekend? If so, which day and what time are you planning to ride? I would like to get some seat time on my 450. Let me know. I am pretty flexible at this point. Thanks

I have a riding area just 45 minutes south of overland park, it's called Midwest Extreme Park. it's 180 acres with a national style Mx track, a pitbike track for the kids and miles of wooded trails, Quads are not allowed on the mx track or the pitbike track but can use the trails. We have 2 forward motion harescrambles each spring with about a 9 mile loop. you can go to my website at www.challengetrax.com

Thanks, I'll check out your website. 100+ acres, although not free, has got to be bigger than the lake Perry area plus perhaps a little closer for me.

I'll also pass this info along.

the address was not good - can you double-check it and/or post some general info re: prices, hours, address, etc.? thanks

Were open thursday thru sunday 9.00am till dark on non race weekends and the cost is $10.00.For some reason the address wont work from here but you can use this one and scroll down to midwest extreme and go from there. www.challengetrax.com The website will give you my race schedule for the remainder of the year.

might be my pc but i can't get the link to work either. i'll try again tomorrow.

thanks for the info.