Sign in to follow this  

Woods KX125

Hey yall, i have a 95 KX125, and i ride it on trails mostly. I want to make it into a pretty decent trail/enduro bike. Right now it has metal acerbis brushguards, a skidplate, frame protectors, new graphics, renthal handlebars, and a Pro circuit exhaust. I want to take my bike to a few enduro's possibly, or maybe just on some trails in Mass. I want to know if you guys have any good ideas for upgrades, to make it better on the trail. Thanks

o yea, anyway to put a headlight on?

www.rickystator.com might know how to add a light

have you read up on a flywheel weight? I know many KX250 owners have used them with success in the woods. I am not sure about a 125 though.

Good luck with it.

Suspension revalving for woods terrain and not MX might help you to increase your speed more safely in the woods.

I read up on the flywheel weight, and i found this: http://www.steahlyoffroad.com/weightsdet.php?s_partnum=614_

Thats a pretty cool concept about the flywheel weight, i never heard of that before.

Would my bike need a stator, or this, to have a headlight?

http://www.rickystator.com/pages/Kawasaki_KX125_KX250_%20ignition_stator_coil.html

you would have to get the stator rewound for a light...i would get the flywheel weight...it made a huge diff on my kx500

I know this is an old thread, but i really want a headlight.

I emailed ricky, and he doesnt have any applications for my KX125. Is there any way to go about this? Is a stator rewind possible?

I know this is an old thread, but i really want a headlight.

I emailed ricky, and he doesnt have any applications for my KX125. Is there any way to go about this? Is a stator rewind possible?

Try these guys:

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/erol.html#6808X0

They ship to the US $138 isnt bad for a whole new stator. I would check

the power output of the lighting coil though anything 50watts and under sucks.

Also check with E-line they do both internal and external stators. If you want lights that will be bright you'll need an external stator most likely.

Also check with E-line they do both internal and external stators. If you want lights that will be bright you'll need an external stator most likely.

An external stator? I never heard of that.

I went to the local shop, and the guy there can get me a stator that puts out 40watts for 69.99. I know its not a lot of power, but im only going to have a headlight.

the link works for me. 138 plus shipping is kinda harsh for me right now...

how many watts do you think it is, cause it doesnt say.

No idea.. but judging from the others on that chart, it's not more than 50 watts.

It's probably the same as the 69.99 one you can get locally.

If i do get the 40 watt one from my local store, would that be good for any headlight? What headlight would you reccomend? I am going to get a regulator too.

Most of the dual Acerbis or UFO models will not work on just 40 watts. A KDX puts out 40 watts and it is OK, but not great. Have you looked into some battery powered lights?

true, the lowest most of them start out at is 45watts.

You can get 35 watt bulbs though, but theyre pretty dim.

Most of the dual Acerbis or UFO models will not work on just 40 watts. A KDX puts out 40 watts and it is OK, but not great. Have you looked into some battery powered lights?

I havent thought about battery powered lights...how could i do this?

o yea, the place that i ride requires a spark arrestor. Ive seen the muffler from PC, but thats too much. Can i just drill out the rivets and put in some type of screen? Right now i have a PC 304. Ive been trying to find a stock exhaust for it, but no luck.

I am not sure on the headlight.

Try to look on eBay for a used spark arrestor or a bolt-on tip.

The stock exhaust is a silencer, not a spark arrestor. Pretty much every MX bike comes with a silencer, as they are built for closed course competition. Besides a flywheel weight being a pretty standard MX to trail bike conversion item, so is ponying up the cash for a spark arrestor.