Sign in to follow this  

Bar pad w/scotts sub mount?

I recently installed a scotts sub-mount stabilizer w/ 1 1/8 bars, a standard pad will interfere with the scotts adjustment knobs - any suggestions? thanks

See picture:

17287073-5.8.06388.jpg

ps: that bar is for sale...renthal twin-wall...includes pad.

I recently installed a scotts sub-mount stabilizer w/ 1 1/8 bars, a standard pad will interfere with the scotts adjustment knobs - any suggestions? thanks

I think BRP's kit comes with a pad that is cut and will fit over the unit for ProTapers. If you ride MX I don't think you'll be adjusting on the fly. If you need to get at the adjusters, looks like the TwinWalls are the way to go.

Get busy with a razor blade.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=3491

Chris.

This one, and ncj01's, look trick as hell. But they also look like they jack the bars about 1.5" higher. Might be good if you are a huge guy, but not good for people who like a regular ride height on the bars.

I agree. When will someone make one for the public like the factory boys use. The National bikes have beautiful ones.

This one, and ncj01's, look trick as hell. But they also look like they jack the bars about 1.5" higher. Might be good if you are a huge guy, but not good for people who like a regular ride height on the bars.

That matches stock bar height exactly. I use the Pastrana MX bend which is super low. The Sub-Mount jacks the bars back up to stock height.

Chris.

Mine does raise the bar about an inch....thats the reason I went with the submount versus the regular mount...I wanted the bars up higher...I suppose I could have gone with a riser style bar and a standard mount for the Scotts....I think it looks great like it is though...