Sign in to follow this  

Yoshi in Australia

Hi all DRZ fans. Picked up my new 07 DRZ-400E and want to get a Yoshi pipe. From what ive read on TT the RS-3 is the best. Can any Australian users tell me where to get them in OZ, or the best place to buy online ex USA. Some jetting tips would be cool too. And a quiet insert I can easily take in and out for road use would be cool. Cheers fellers.

PS was anyone elses restricted to hell when they got it new?

Don't get the yoshi!

Support australian products.

I went for the Roosta full system for $550 AUD new.

Looks great, sounds great and a great price.

roosta.jpg

Not my bike as its too dirty :thumbsup:

The Roosta gets a 3 HP increase with baffle out, but its abit loud at 102db.

The baffle in is 98db.

Or go for a staintune full system for every better quality but more pricey.

Chooken, i'd go for the 06 for a cheaper price. there is no difference between the 06 and 07 except graphics.

I'd get the dealer to fully derestrict the bike unless you have technical know-how.

The restrictions are :

Throttle stop, only allows 1/2 throttle.

3/4 cover rubber flap in the intake port (between cylinder and carbie)

Cork in the exhaust

Standard gearing is 14/47

I found two main restrictions. On the throttle spindle just behind the throttle cables was a pin keeping from opening past 1/3 throttle. I assume this would be taken off at first service and is maybe for running in purposes. Second was the intake between carby and head was litterally closed off to an eigth of the size it should have been with a piece of rubber that needed cutting out. I cant explain that one. I had no heads up from my dealer and took it out for a spin and couldnt get past 65kmh!!!, let alone the front wheel off the ground.

I got the 07 at 06 six price. Good deal and yes no difference. get one soon cos you $500 bucks back

One down side to the roosta pipe is its header is plated where as the yoshi is full stainless. I would imagine after a few rides the plating would start chipping away. I got my Yosh from the TT store. It can be had pretty cheap on ebay. If you go looking for one in Aus make sure you look at the silencer as a fella tried to sell me a Yosh pipe over here but it was the older model that didnt accept the plug in the exhaust. :thumbsup:

I had no heads up from my dealer and took it out for a spin and couldnt get past 65kmh!!!, let alone the front wheel off the ground.

I got the 07 at 06 six price. Good deal and yes no difference. get one soon cos you $500 bucks back

My 06 E got up to 75Ks with the restrictors, when they came out and the Staintune slip on went on - yehaaa!!! (nearly flipped it).

Make sure you actually get the $500 cash back if it is offered, my dealer never put the claim in but Suzuki looked after me and said they would 'discipline' the dealer :thumbsup:

I think I paid around $700 for the yosh delivered to the door. Thats the full system not the slip on.