Sign in to follow this  

Haspin, IN Saturday 9/2/06

Got a short list so far, just me and Mark-san. Should be good conditions, just got 2 days of rain, now a few days to soak in and temps in the 70's Saturday.

Wont be free until the week Sept 12-17th and for the race on the 17th at Haspin. My son and I will be practicing out there that week. This weekend we will be up in the Cleveland area practicing/riding with some X GNCC pro and A riders to get junior some additional training, and the following week we start GNCC racing again down in North Carolina. If anyone wants to ride during the week Mondays and Fridays are pretty open and Wednesdays are usually riding at our practice track in Dayton at the Dayton Dirt Riders track. But we are always looking for folks to ride with.

Wont be free until the week Sept 12-17th and for the race on the 17th at Haspin. My son and I will be practicing out there that week. This weekend we will be up in the Cleveland area practicing/riding with some X GNCC pro and A riders to get junior some additional training, and the following week we start GNCC racing again down in North Carolina. If anyone wants to ride during the week Mondays and Fridays are pretty open and Wednesdays are usually riding at our practice track in Dayton at the Dayton Dirt Riders track. But we are always looking for folks to ride with.

You sound a little more hard core racer than my old body is able to do. I do have a buddy (younger) that rides at Dayton that is fast. Maybe you know him, Kevin S. rides a KTM200 now, was on a YZF250. He lost chamionship on a try breaker at Hapsin Vet class in 2004.

Where did you have in mind? We need to meet up at that place (bar) in Lewisburg some time.

Woods...slide over to haspin in the afternoon, then stop at Grinners for some wings Killian's on the way home. Or, could go to my buddies track in Piqua. It is 3/4 harescramble and 1/4 motocross. Or just play around at Bud's.

track...many local options.

Don't think I can make again. There is a outlaw hs race down past xenia might do saturday. Then a gp race sunday at fasttraxx.

I think I might be out at Haspin on Sunday, anybody going then?

ccolinscj, do you have any info on the Dayton Dirt Riders track?

Yeah im interested in the Dayton Dirt riders track also, looking for someone close too ride.

Yeah im interested in the Dayton Dirt riders track also, looking for someone close too ride.

Sure, it is not a very big area but it has a lot of obstacles. It is good for a practice area if you are from around the Dayton Area. If you like to take a look and ride out there let me know and I can meet you out there and let you in to ride around if before you join. It is $120 a year and not very crowed. across from it is the Dayton Motor Cycle club they have a motocross track and I think it is free for the Dayton Dirt rider members but you have to go to there orientation before riding over there. We do get a few National Enduro, GNCC riders and trials riders that practice out there on Wed evening. My son and I use it alot during the week to get a quick ride in to test our bikes before races and just to have fun.

Woods...slide over to haspin in the afternoon, then stop at Grinners for some wings Killian's on the way home.

I don't think I will be able to ride Friday, I could make it to Grinners late afternoon/early evening. Let me know.

I will be at Haspin Saturday.

Truck/trailer

Plan to park in the campground.

Dayton Dirt Riders is a 40 acre woods, members only. Like $120/year to join for whole family.

I don't think I will be able to ride Friday, I could make it to Grinners late afternoon/early evening. Let me know.

I will be at Haspin Saturday.

Truck/trailer

Plan to park in the campground.

Dayton Dirt Riders is a 40 acre woods, members only. Like $120/year to join for whole family.

Dale,

Do you ever ride at DDR?

Sure, it is not a very big area but it has a lot of obstacles. It is good for a practice area if you are from around the Dayton Area. If you like to take a look and ride out there let me know and I can meet you out there and let you in to ride around if before you join. It is $120 a year and not very crowed. across from it is the Dayton Motor Cycle club they have a motocross track and I think it is free for the Dayton Dirt rider members but you have to go to there orientation before riding over there. We do get a few National Enduro, GNCC riders and trials riders that practice out there on Wed evening. My son and I use it alot during the week to get a quick ride in to test our bikes before races and just to have fun.

I might have to try and meet up with you some time to try it out. If you could also ride at Dayton Moto Cycle club for free I would really be interested since I've never been to either. I live in between Centerville and Waynesville, so I'm fairly close.

You say you normally go on Wednesdays?

I might have to try and meet up with you some time to try it out. If you could also ride at Dayton Moto Cycle club for free I would really be interested since I've never been to either. I live in between Centerville and Waynesville, so I'm fairly close.

I'm interested too, I live in Vandalia. I had a spot too ride 5 mins from my house but the land was sold too a new owner.

Woods...slide over to haspin in the afternoon, then stop at Grinners for some wings Killian's on the way home.

I hate to pass on that deal, maybe I could do that. Call me.

Dale,

Do you ever ride at DDR?

I was a member last year, but only went twice. I can be at DDR in 1/2 hour or Haspin in 1 hour. The whole deal with the road closing kind of is a hassle too. I just go to Haspin, 750 acres vs 40.

If you ride there a lot you must have meet Kevin on the KTM200.

Yep let me know if you are interested and I can give you directions and meet there.

I'm interested too, I live in Vandalia. I had a spot too ride 5 mins from my house but the land was sold too a new owner.

I will be out there on Wed. if you are interested in checking it out.

Got a short list so far, just me and Mark-san. Should be good conditions, just got 2 days of rain, now a few days to soak in and temps in the 70's Saturday.

Hey dale I might come down and trailride with you guys Sat , I haven't made up my mind if I'm going to New Straitsville for their Nat D-S ride yet , I went to Ky last Sat and rode all day so I not sure if I want to travel across Ohio to ride this week ,if I don't go to OH. I might come down early Sat morning & ride a.m. - mid p.m. so I'd have time to go to with the wife to an annual festival near home , I called Kev S. to go to Ky last week & he could't go , maybe he can ride at Haspin tomorrow ?