Sign in to follow this  

Best Risers and bars for DRZ 400

Im getting better with my standing riding technique, i have installed standard bar risers from Ballards here in Australia . I want to raise the bars some more and mount them forward , i have seen forward mount type risers on some US bikes .

Do the TT shop sell them ? I cannot find anyone in Sydney that sells them or has even heard of them locally .

Also what is a good high bend handlebar that doesnt require throttle cable rearrangement?

Any help much appreciated

I installled BigDR risers which moved the bars up and forward along with Hi CR Bend bars. Was too much for me at 5'10" so I took off the BigDR risers without ever using them.

If you are interested in the BigDR risers let me know. Also, I have brand new Motion Pro custom cables, clutch and throttle, never used (brand new)that are stock length +2.25" that I was going to use with the BigDRs.

Hi Noel.

I have just fitted the Ballard spacers under my ProTaper 7/8 standard bend bars.

Standing posture is much better but havent yet properly tested on dirt.

Hopefully this weekend.

I think this will do for me, height is 6'2".

Have you tried any of the custom bike shops for what you need?

They may point you in the right direction even though they do road based bikes.

Hi Noel.

I have just fitted the Ballard spacers under my ProTaper 7/8 standard bend bars.

Standing posture is much better but havent yet properly tested on dirt.

Hopefully this weekend.

I think this will do for me, height is 6'2".

Have you tried any of the custom bike shops for what you need?

They may point you in the right direction even though they do road based bikes.

Also try the shops that do mini thumper parts there are a lot of people riding them at events like the monster trucks and wherever.

I'm 6'2 and I am running the Renthal Jimmy Button bar and thats good for about 1.3" rise. This helped so much with my posture sitting and standing up.

I'm 6'2 and I am running the Renthal Jimmy Button bar and thats good for about 1.3" rise. This helped so much with my posture sitting and standing up.

Thats what I run on mine with the Big dr risers that move the bars up and forward. I'm 6'1" and I can now stand with out problems. The stock cables and wires fit. Use the spacer kit with the bigdr risers to move the cluster forward.

Noel,

I'd see what Sundog wants for his BigDR risers...I use those and really like 'em with just a standard rise Moose handlebar...They cost $70 new...I got

mine from someone who also didn't like them for $40 new...

Noel,

I'd see what Sundog wants for his BigDR risers...I use those and really like 'em with just a standard rise Moose handlebar...They cost $70 new...I got

mine from someone who also didn't like them for $40 new...

I have the Fat Bar (1 1/8) risers which are a little more pricey than the standard mount ones (new: 80CDN vs. 105 CDN).

I have the BigDR with some renthal, not sure what bend and Cyrcra hand guards mounted to the triple clamp. (It does fit fine)

I use the Jimmy Button Renthals with Advanced Motorcycle Products DRZ risers (motorcycleproducts dot org). I liked the adjustability (two forward off-set positions) and the price. The only bummer is the clamp spacing is different than stock so the keyswitch bracket needs modification.

I'm 6'2" and standing up on long rides is much better.

I had Big DR's riser and some Tusk 7/8" bars for a while. I've since ditched that setup and put on an Applied Racing top clamp (with their tallest risers in the forward offset), and Pro-Taper Countours (Windam MX with a bit of width hacked off both sides). I left on the cluster spacer that came with Big DR's risers. Except for having to modify my ignition key position everything fits nicely and is SOLID.

For me at 6' it's perfect. I suppose I could have gone with slightly higher bars, but I didn't want to sacrifice my seated position to much.

here's mine again....

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f398/Johnnyaggro/Viewfromthecockpit.jpg

Roxspeedfx dot com risers and RC high bend Renthals. My pivoting risers have not shifted at all. I didn't space the speedo forward, but if I wanted more forward, I could...I rerouted my cables to the right side of the frame with no issues so far.