Sign in to follow this  

Headlight

I posted at the yamaha ttr forum and it didnt get any replies. so im going to ask you here. I am getting a 2002 yamaha 125 and i was wondering if someone can explain to me how to hook up this head light. .i have a headlightfrom a 200 yamaha... i need to put it on this non electric start 125.. it has wires on the headlight.. how do i do this?

is the 125 setup for a light????? does it have the proper stator?(lighting coil)? if not you might be able to buy an aftermarket stator, you say there wires to the headlight,,, is that the headlight you want to put on, or is there already a headlight on the 125???

I have a headlight in my garage from a old 200.. it has wires ready to hook up..i dont know if hte bike it self does.. where woudl it be?

The bike would not have wires for a headlight. The stator will not put out enough curent to run a headlight properly. You would have to get an aftermarket stator and either wire it up yourself or get an aftermarket lighting kit. As far as I know.

You may need to do a little research, start with RickyStator, he makes lighting coils for bikes that don't have it, I'm sure there are other options, as for your light, there are either two or three wires??? black is usually ground, then a red power??? if the light had high & low beam then there should be a third wire, Rickystator should be able to answer your questions. good luck :thumbsup: