monkey butt shorts

I am looking for some help find a pair of shorts. i have read all the forums on how to prevent monkey butt by standing more but still want a pair of padded shorts. It is very hard to pick a pair without seeing them.

I have seen impact shorts with padding all over but really looking for something just like cycling shorts just with a wider pad. Not really interested in padding anywhere else. Does anyone have a recommendation on this type of shorts?

I have the EVS shorts also. They do work great, just make sure you hand wash them everytime, don't get lazy and throw them in the wash on delicate. The but padding will start to unstich, then you have to pull out the 7th grade home ec skills and start sewing.

• 9 months later...

This is a great topic! Let me add my .02. I do not think it is the padding in the shorts that prevents the "Monkey Butt" but rather you want shorts that will wick the sweat away from your skin. I have been wearing the Under Armor Heat Gear type shorts for the last 3-4 years and I have absolutely no more problems.

This is a great topic! Let me add my .02. I do not think it is the padding in the shorts that prevents the "Monkey Butt" but rather you want shorts that will wick the sweat away from your skin. I have been wearing the Under Armor Heat Gear type shorts for the last 3-4 years and I have absolutely no more problems.

bike shorts are designed to do the same thing. I also use bodyglide, coated on the chamois. It works really well.

I have used the cycling shorts as well and they really are much better. The only thing I have noticed was that the lycra material seems a bit slick in my riding pants.