Sign in to follow this  

Just an FYI if you need tires/parts

Dennis Kirk will beat any advertised price by $1. I just ordered another MT21 rear tire and got it for 72.02 with shipping because ridenowonline.com had them for 62.02+9.95 shipping. DK had them for 79.99+shipping. Not too bad if you ask me :thumbsup:

Yeah, but if you live over here, DK's "When You Want It Now" translates too "When You Want It Sometime Week After Next"

I like DK, but usually when I need a tire I need it sooner than that.

RockyMountain only charged me $16 for 2day service on my last tire & tube purchase

Yeah, but if you live over here, DK's "When You Want It Now" translates too "When You Want It Sometime Week After Next"

I like DK, but usually when I need a tire I need it sooner than that.

RockyMountain only charged me $16 for 2day service on my last tire & tube purchase

Dennis Kirk has always been 2 - 3 days faster than Rockymountain for my orders but I rarely order from them because their prices (other than the tire deals) are outrageously high.

I hate to crap in anybody's wheaties, especially in my first post. I got the rear tire from Motorcycle-Superstore.com for $63.00 shipped. I got both the front and rear for $116.00 shipped a couple of weeks ago.

You should buy the tire from the source that already has the low price, DK just cherry picks you. Might be different if DK had a 10% discount from the other place, but just a $1 difference won't cut it.

Dennis Kirk will beat any advertised price by $1. I just ordered another MT21 rear tire and got it for 72.02 with shipping because ridenowonline.com had them for 62.02+9.95 shipping. DK had them for 79.99+shipping. Not too bad if you ask me :thumbsup:

Extra 20.01 you would have free shipping, 100.00 or more is free :applause:

I'm just letting you know in case you find it really cheap and shipping times would make a difference. I'm on the east coast so I can wait 3 days for my tire from DK. Ridenowonline.com was the cheapest I found but they are on the west coast. In general, all the other online parts guys are in California or somewhere on the west coast, so I end up waiting about 7-10 days for everything. I never ordered from DK before so I'm open to new suppliers. I just wish Jesse carried tires so I could buy everything from him. He is, by far, the best source for any parts and the customer service is probably the best I have ever experienced, especially in this day of outsourcing and foreign languages I can't understand :thumbsup: .

BTW...do you guys replace the tube everytime you change a tire? What size tube do you buy for the rear?

BTW...do you guys replace the tube everytime you change a tire? What size tube do you buy for the rear?

I usually do

My last change I used a 110/100 18, but I maybe should have gone a little larger?

I too wish Jesse sold everything since he just a twisty 20 minute ride from my house :thumbsup:

I too wish Jesse sold everything since he just a twisty 20 minute ride from my house

Lucky bastard! :thumbsup:

Just a silly school boy thought on my part but why not buy your stuff from the ThumperTalk store?

I did recently with some stuff and they were great and had prompt shipping. And that included calling me personally to ask if it was OK to substitute a CHEAPER AND BETTER alternative when I ordered something obscure that they didn't have in stock.

And you get pretty good pricing from them. And the fact that it helps support this great site is sort of nice too.