Sign in to follow this  

How long does it take to switch wheel sets

I used to do it in about 45 minutes, but I was in no big hurry and would change out the bodywork too. Once you get the procedure down, it's really easy.

That would depend on whether they have the same disks, and sprockets, your tool selection, experience level, etc. Once you are setup, and used to the task, 1/2 -1 hr would be leisurely.

I can do it in about 20 minutes ... and I'm no mechanic.

I am changing wheels with the same size rotors so relocation bracket.

Depends..................with stock rotors and no body work changes. Under 15 minutes. If you have larger front rotor and a caliper relocation bracket, or change front fenders or whatever, then a little longer. Just need a lift stand and a beverage! :thumbsup:

With my setup I can swap in a matter of a few minutes if I wanted to. I use the same chain. I have rotors and sprockets on both wheelsets. The only thing on the bike I change is the fender.

20min going from SM to dirt, 30 min going dirt to sm.

I am only swaping wheels and I have to relocate the front caliper. The spedo drive also has to swaped out. The SM brakes can be a PIA to get put back together.

20 minutes straight conversion. What a blast in the dirt version.Im from the sport bike past and this is the first I've done dirt.................Im glad I did :applause: . Im also looking forward to the winter with ice screws in the dirt tires., Let the fun continue! :thumbsup: