Sign in to follow this  

Who needs an expensive tent, not me!

:thumbsup: I bought my tent at K-Mart for $30.00 on sale three years ago and it works perfect. Has been through some nasty weather and has held up great and has never leaked.

When I travel I like to be able to stretch out and relax with my gear in my tent. It has a 8'X9' footprint and even has a gear lockers on each side of the door which is perfect for boot, helmet or anything else you might want to get to quickly without opening the main tent.

Packs up fine on the back of my Strom in a 18"x36" bag that holds it, ground cover, bike cover, sleeping back and pad. If I was hiking and had to carry it would be a different story.

Its my traveling condo but I love the extra room when I am on the road for 2 or 3 weeks at a time and the bag actually makes a great back rest when riding.

So who needs some tiny $200.00 tent, not this boy!

:applause: Bill "SandShark: :applause:

03 DL1000 VStrom

02 DRZ400S

Ain't free choice grand? :thumbsup: Too many folks seem to have a need to put their choices on others. Ultimately there is only YOU to be satisfied with your decisions,

I went camping a few years back. We knew the weather was going to be rough that night, but I wasn't too worried since my trusty Eureka has never sprang a leak. When we got there, I pulled out my tent and low and behold, I had grabbed the wrong one from my garage. It was one that someone had accidentally left after one of our parties. After unpacking I looked and it was a northern exposure (aka Kmart tent) with a rainfly that was so small it barely covered the top of the tent.

With nothing else to do, I set it up realizing that I was going to wake up in a puddle. At 4am the worst storm I have ever camped through rained down on us. The sky was lit up more than it wasn't. We must have gotten 2" of rain in a half hour period. My buddy was in a tent next to me and started complaining of a river through his tent. I felt around, but to my suprise I was high and dry.

After the storm passed and daylight was upon us, my buddies Kelty tent was submersied in water and my cheapo Kmart tent never leaked a drop. I promptly sent out a thank you email to all my freinds saying, "I'm not sure who left the Kmart tent at my house, but thank you for spraying the living heck out of it with CampDry."