Sign in to follow this  

kyb 48 too stiff

on a YZ250 '05 there's the problem that it gets too stiff at the last 3rd (of travel) for a 175 lbs rider and average MX riding capability.

Assuming a default 245 oil quantity i'd try it with 230

Rebound is set to 15, compression 12

Any additional/other recommendation to get rid of the stiffness?

on a YZ250 '05 there's the problem that it gets too stiff at the last 3rd (of travel) for a 175 lbs rider and average MX riding capability.

Assuming a default 245 oil quantity i'd try it with 230

Rebound is set to 15, compression 12

Any additional/other recommendation to get rid of the stiffness?

The reason for part of the reason for your stiffness in the later part of the stroke is what is called the "Transfer Control Valve" (05 KYB, position sensitve) (TCV). A large plastic oil lock located in the bottom of the fork. It works as a viscous damping system with a traditional hydraulic stop and includes a check valve in the form of a sliding seal band.

There are other design issues with the 05 KYB that needs to be addressed. Their is some good threads pertaining to this fork. try doing a search.

The reason for part of the reason for your stiffness in the later part of the stroke is what is called the "Transfer Control Valve" (05 KYB, position sensitve) (TCV).

Thanks, russ, got it

There are other design issues with the 05 KYB that needs to be addressed. Their is some good threads pertaining to this fork. try doing a search.

well, some really interesting threads

now that i'm aware of the cause some solution/workaround would be appreciated.

Only that i couldn't find anything. Wrong search or isn't there any real solution?