Other women racers out there?

Ok well I'm semi-new at this yet, but I was j/w if there were any of the other WNYOA ladies out there runnin the dirtbike or quad? And actually I'd like to hear from all the other women out there. I'd like to know what your ridin and what kinda racin ya do, cuz I'm all about supporting my fellow female riders ?

i dont race yet, but boy am i read to. i just moved up to my 250f in may and i was supposed to race august 19th but we had to get almost every part in my motor replaced so we couldnt afford the race.

next year once i do race [ motocross ] ill probably just do the womans class for a few races, maybe 125c.

I've been racing for almost 7 years. I race a KDX200 most of the time in the desert, but have raced a KX500. I race vintage bikes as well as sidecars.

I am not much for MX....but do most vintage and sidecar racing MX.

On a modern solobike....I prefer the desert. I've raced a couple desert races on a sidecar.....but it's certainly not my favorite thing to do.

Welcome aboard!

peace,

janette

Hey Fusion,

Welcome to TT. 1st of all good luck with whatever racing/riding you do!

I have been riding for 13 years and just this year have gotten into racing.

I have tried a few harescrambles this year and this weekend hope to try my 1st enduro in South Carolina, if Tropical Strorm Ernesto holds off.

Also, I will be running in my 1st 12 hour race on a 3 woman team on Sept. 30th.

Here are some pics:

Trail ride in Michigan

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/captbly99/L-1.jpg

Start of HS:

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=07VE0030010078&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

HS in the woods:

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=07VE0030000248&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Thanks for supporting your fellow female riders!

A few of us started a Galz Club http://www.cablelan.net/vistaww/okanagandirtbikegalz/ this year and a good chunk (9 - 10) of us are racing the local Hare Scrambles Series http://www.okdirtriders.com/main.html and several are doing REALLY well. This is the first year for the ladies class and last race we had 16 of us in it! it's the fastest growing class in the series (ratio wise) as well as the one who has the least amount of DNFs.

I'm pretty slow compared to most of the racers and usually come in nearly last but I have a great time and think that racing is a fabulous way to get yourself over dirt biking's mental hurdles. Once you've raced a tricky course other challenges don't seem so daunting anymore. The improvment curve is greatly speeded up.

The terrain we race in is pretty tight and treed. No MX portion in our series. Love to try some other areas some time.

AWESOME!!!! It's good to know there are more and more female racers. Way to be ladies! ?

Heck when I first started racing I expected to find few other women racers. And I expected to find more women on quads than bikes! I started off on dirtbikes and entered my first harescramble like a week after I got my first bike. Lets just say I wasn't too happy considering the dirtbike was on the ground more than it was on it's wheels! So now I tear it up w/ my little 06' Yamaha Blaster in the WNYOA series, womens class.

*Supporting my fellow female riders, especially those on 2 wheels!

I started racing last May and have done Hare scrambles, GP's, an Enduro and a couple of qualifiers. Locally there's about 6 women racers in our series. Usually there's no more 4 women in my class in all the races I've done.

My Sponsorhouse Profile

Met Nicole Bradford at a race/trial, very cool woman, especially when you look at what she's done (ISDE and ISDT, first woman to compete in both).

hey there im a canadian female racer, i don't race mx, just enduro and harescrambles, i won the canadian female enduro championship 2 years ago and place 2nd in the harescramble canadian series, however competition for women sucks here in canada i would LOVE to travel down to the states and do some races down there...............what are the turn outs for women classes in harescrambles and enduros down there..........there is only like 6 harescrambles and maybe 4 enduro races in the national series in ontario(where im from)....i wish there were more races and more women racing here!!!!

oh yah i ride a 99 yz400f with alot of mods for trail riding...

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/wilson_tammie/tammie2.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/wilson_tammie/tammie1.jpg

Hey Tammie,

Why don't you come for a visit to BC instead of looking south? No special registrations needed to ride here, besides a CMA licence (for our series). The Galz will take you round and I think you'd be impressed by the courses out here.

...............what are the turn outs for women classes in harescrambles and enduros down there..........

I just did my very 1st enduro this past weekend here in GA. It was the first one out of 12(I think)of the series, I signed up for the Women's Novice class, there were 3 of us signed up in that class, I was the only one out of us 3 to finish the 81 mile course! You know what that means.......1st place baby! ?

There was also a women's expert class, 3 women signed up in that class, only one finished, so only 2 out 6 women finished. It was tough, toughest thing I think I have ever done next to giving birth without an epidural :applause:

I must have liked it, I just sent off my entry for the next one in 3 weeks. :applause:

I do know 2 ladies were working that race for points, so they will be at the next one, so maybe 8 women total in the enduro races.

I was on row 50 out of maybe 70 rows, 5 to a row, that means I had to ride on trails that already had 250 riders on them, little easy creek crossings had turned into 3-4 bikes stuck in a mud bog by the time I got there. Picking good lines was the key, sometimes I even got off my bike to scout a good line so I didn't waste energy getting stuck. It was an experience to say the least. Sorry, I'm babbling.

We have several racing options here. I am also running in a local Harescramble series, I am running 3rd in the Ladies class for that, the 1st race they had 6 ladies. I think they will end up with 7-8 races for that series, so far 3 races have been run. They have that race once a month.

Also, on Sept 30th, I am going to be on a Team with 2 other ladies, to run a 12 Hour race, we are running in the Ladies Class and our Team Name is the Swamp Foxes! Not sure if their are any other Ladies Teams signed up yet.

Good Luck with your races, I am sure weather cuts down on the amount of time you get to ride up there, season must be shorter. We get to ride all year long here.

~Michele

I have been racing motocross for almost 5 years. That's what got me started on bikes.

This last weekend we went to Rampart Range in Colorado to do some trail riding. I was VERY skeptical at first. One that I wouldn't like riding over rocks and tree roots with several tight turns, and two that I wouldn't be good enough to handle even the easy trails.

Boy was I wrong! I had a blast! I ususally race a CRF250 but I borrowed a friends CRF150 to give me the ability to touch the ground while the hubby rode the CRF250. I couldn't believe I actually could stay up with the guys on the Intermediate trails.

I'm tempted to buy a 150, hop it up, and give up racing..... (Well, maybe not)

Susan

I just did my very 1st enduro this past weekend here in GA. It was the first one out of 12(I think)of the series, I signed up for the Women's Novice class, there were 3 of us signed up in that class, I was the only one out of us 3 to finish the 81 mile course! You know what that means.......1st place baby! ?

There was also a women's expert class, 3 women signed up in that class, only one finished, so only 2 out 6 women finished. It was tough, toughest thing I think I have ever done next to giving birth without an epidural :applause:

I must have liked it, I just sent off my entry for the next one in 3 weeks. :applause:

I do know 2 ladies were working that race for points, so they will be at the next one, so maybe 8 women total in the enduro races.

I was on row 50 out of maybe 70 rows, 5 to a row, that means I had to ride on trails that already had 250 riders on them, little easy creek crossings had turned into 3-4 bikes stuck in a mud bog by the time I got there. Picking good lines was the key, sometimes I even got off my bike to scout a good line so I didn't waste energy getting stuck. It was an experience to say the least. Sorry, I'm babbling.

We have several racing options here. I am also running in a local Harescramble series, I am running 3rd in the Ladies class for that, the 1st race they had 6 ladies. I think they will end up with 7-8 races for that series, so far 3 races have been run. They have that race once a month.

Also, on Sept 30th, I am going to be on a Team with 2 other ladies, to run a 12 Hour race, we are running in the Ladies Class and our Team Name is the Swamp Foxes! Not sure if their are any other Ladies Teams signed up yet.

Good Luck with your races, I am sure weather cuts down on the amount of time you get to ride up there, season must be shorter. We get to ride all year long here.

~Michele

OK OK now ur just showing off!Coming to DP this weekend?