Sign in to follow this  

How many minutes can you run with the 07 XCW/F

After a muddy race with little to no opportunity to get half throttle I ran 2:24 with about 4 cups left on the left side of the tank. I can see the level is about 2 inches off the bottom through the left side of the tank.

Ran for about 1:50 minutes before switching over to reserve.

Ran for 40 minutes after switching to reserve.

I can not see getting more than 2:50 out of the 2.4 gallon tank that comes on the XC W/F

I have the JD jet kit with the bigger main and pilot. Stock Leak jet and o-ring on the accelerator adjustment screw.

I know it’s tough to judge unless you are actually timing your minutes, but if you have some factual lap times it would be worth getting some averages for the other XCF guys.

More like a trail ride, this muddy mess had no dust. With Dust I have had to switch to reserve at 1:30 when on the throttle constantly on an open GNCC type HS track.

I ran a HS in MS it was dry and road for 5 laps @ 9miles a lap with a end time of 2:10mins ended up with about 2 cups of fuel in the tank. I think JD recomends the stock pilot jet?

If you want more mileage, set the needle clip position 1 step leaner. The needle is what dominates your mileage, and the main can be lowered 1 step from the basic kit setting with no problems either. An open exhuast will run strongest with Red #5 and #185 main jet. Switching to a S/A should use clip position #4. Lowering the main to a #180 from the kit will have slightly better economy if you're wide open more of the time.

James

my bike got only got 30 to reserve in tight nj single track, granted the bike is brand spanking new, but how much better is it going to get? I've currently got:

42p

185m

jd red #5

60 lj

thick oring on the pump linkage

thinking about going 1 step leaner of the main and needle, but it runs so dam good now I don't want to mess with it. absolutely perfect throttle response. I can't even make it bog....not even on the stand!

I still get a lot of decel popping but that could be the pilot.

My XCF went on reserve early during the first tank too, the same thing happened on my '04 450EXC. If you want more mileage as the motor breaks in, switch to clip position #4 and set the fuel screw to 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 turns out with a #42 pilot jet instead of 2 1/4 with the #40PJ.

Another source of poor mileage is the overflow tube on the bottom of the carb. Fuel spills from the tube in rough conditions and increases consumption. Reroute the vent tube from the bottom of the carb up over the fuel inlet to the carburetor and then back downwards. This will raise the effective height of the overflow while still allowing it to drain if the float sticks.

Suggested setting for more mileage considering your current setting-

#42 PJ with 1 3/4 turns

Red #4

#180 MJ

James