Sign in to follow this  

What Did I Just Buy on Ebay? Big Gun??

Was searching through eBay today and came across this full Big Gun exhaust system that was ending in two minutes. It has a spark arrestor and it would be nice to have a back-up exhaust so I put a quick bid in for $170 just for kicks and it was enough to bump the reserve... so it is now mine.

Looking closely at the pic it looks like it says EVO-R, but the end cap looks different than the red ones that are found on their website. As a matter of fact I cant find any Big Gun exhaust for the 05 CRF450R that looks like this... Did I just buy a $170 paperweight? :thumbsup:

Thanks for the help!

Paul

eBay description:

(05) Honda CRF450 complete Big Gun Exhaust System. Adds up to 8%-10% more horsepower over stock. This exhaust comes with USFS approved spark arrestor. Thses are offered at an unreal blow-out price. Get yours today! or email me for more info

ab_1.JPG

That is the original EVO-R system from Big Gun....You can still get a quiet core and possibly a tapered end-cap that will quiet it down some. I would suggest calling them and tell them you have an old-style Evo-R, especially if you have sound concerns in your area (Which most of us do...)

Thats the one for the 05 with the old tip and b4 they started anodizing the tip RED!

I have one of the earlier Big Gun exhausts on my '04 and like it. I just have the slip-on and am running the quiet core and FMF's 3 layer packing. It has a throaty sound but it's not obnoxiously loud. I feel the stocker has a little better low end but the BG opens it up from mid to top. If you have any questions or problems Mike Young is a class act. He called me a couple of times when I needed the quite core made for my older style can and he gave me a new spark arrestor screen when the stocker disappeared. I paid over $230 for a display model slip-on through ebay, so you got a good deal.

Are you going to puchase the Big Gun jetting kit or are you just going to try some different jets. Keep me posted because I am also interested if I can get it for the same price.

Are you going to puchase the Big Gun jetting kit or are you just going to try some different jets. Keep me posted because I am also interested if I can get it for the same price.

Already have a JD jetting kit so I could play with that, but it should likely only require a few adjustments with the air screw to get it dialed in. I spoke to Big Gun today and they said the billet end cap and quiet core insert should set me back around 70-80 together and that the pipe already comes with a spark arrestor. Looks like it is a killer deal for a full set-up.

Sweet....I will be trying to get one soon. Let me know how you get it dialed in. Thanks for the info.