Sign in to follow this  

El Dorado Natl Forest Draft EIR Call Today

I beleive the conference call for the Eldorado National Forest Trail Draft EIR is today. Is anyone going to be able to make it? I have to be in another meeting and won't be able to attend. Can someone (OD, SLR?) post the call in number so folks can call in? I think it is at noon today.

Take a look at the few post of rides from last weekend if you need a reason to get involved. The trails look awesome up there and I hope that we can make our (respectful trail moto folk) voices heard so we can continue to use them.

If anyone can make it please try and post the planned times for the field trips, schedule updates for the Draft EIR, and any altenative changes. :thumbsup:

phone call - today august 29, 2006

revised alternates will be out next week

regarding seasonal closures: Proposed, two options now 6 month closures, nov 1 - may 1 for one alternate, vs. 3 months closures dec 1- march 1 for two alternates. Tony said the possibilty for all season options for elkins flats and gold note are not being pursued, didn't work for those trails, etc.

Field trips:

sept 9th -12th 10 am field trips no OHVs hiking only

9th kaples creek - 4 mile hike

10th mud lake - high clearance street legal vehicles only

11th indian valley - short hike

12th lovers leep picket fence - 6 mi hike

hiking trips only

Draft EIS due out late november, about a month late. newsletter coming out about field trips and final alternatives.