Sign in to follow this  

Boysen Quick Shot VS Flywheel

I find myself stalling during a MX race when I get tired. I know the best cure for this is to get on the treadmill more, but whatever. I have found the pros and cons of both the quick shot and the flywheel. So I would wondering what is best for a MX racer and woods rider. So I like it if we can do this like a poll or something. What would your go with? Boysen quick shot or Flywheel.

Thanks

wouldn't waste my money on the "quick shot" and i'm a firm believer in seat time for the woods. just a old mans opinion.

I don't know anyone besides myself that uses a heavy flywheel on the track. The bike feels a little heavier and not quite as nimble on the track with the extra flywheel weight. It helps me carry momentum though corners but that has more to do with my riding style. Flywheels are great for woods riding and hill climbs.

Why do you only stall when your tired?

I don't know anyone besides myself that uses a heavy flywheel on the track. The bike feels a little heavier and not quite as nimble on the track with the extra flywheel weight. It helps me carry momentum though corners but that has more to do with my riding style. Flywheels are great for woods riding and hill climbs.

Why do you only stall when your tired?

Because my riding style changes and I find myself riding the clutch for more then normal. Such as, holding the clutch in when I come in a corner instead of engine braking, etc. Odd, but annoying.

Because my riding style changes and I find myself riding the clutch for more then normal. Such as, holding the clutch in when I come in a corner instead of engine braking, etc. Odd, but annoying.

I'd work on changing that bad habit first. Aftermarker parts are no cure for bad form. :thumbsup:

The QS will do nothing to help what your are experiencing.

I was having the same problems of stalling and flame outs on the track and in the woods, I went to a Trail Tech +15oz flywheel weight and I have not had a problem since, plus it make the bike much more managable.. I love the weight but now that I'm getting faster I think I'll put on a 9oz for a little more punch.