relace extra E wheel set with 17" rims?

It's time for new street tires on my extra 18/21" wheel set for my S ... but with all the talk of 17" wheels lately ... I am getting the bug to do the same.

Which approach would you take?

1. Sell the extra S wheels and buy new/used 17" wheels ...

OR

2. Find someone locally to relace one set of the stock hubs with 17" rims?

I don't think I'll mind sticking with the stock rotors on the 17" wheels because AFAIK, there is no where nearby I could actually race and need the stopping power.

I'm looking to come out cheap because I also want the FCR kit when they become available.

Thanks in advance,

Check out the other post on a similar topic, "? for those with a second set of rims".................good answers to your questions there. Try a bike with 17's and see if you like it. If you do, relace your hubs to 17's and save the other rims as spares or sell............ ?

I don't think I'll mind sticking with the stock rotors on the 17" wheels because AFAIK, there is no where nearby I could actually race and need the stopping power.

I'm not sure what part of NC you are in, but if you google West Union, SC and follow 28 up through the mountains you won't be able to wipe the silly grin off your face for a week if you're on an SM. I so wish I could go ride there more than twice a year.

PS - 28 run through SC, GA, NC, and pretty much runs into the infamous dragon at the end.