Sign in to follow this  

Wanted-Calif. st-legal, estart, air-cooled, 250-450cc

If anyone knows where is/has one in great condition, for sale, please let me know.

Thanks

you might as well throw in inexpensive and light weight too....

Good luck with your search, air-cooled and estart are not usually associated with one another.

PM EM_rider he had his DS XR250 for sale. That is if he still has it.

I did yesterday, with my also-quest for e-start. Thanks. (I'm sure he'll sell that classic w/or w/o me!)

Isn't DRZ400 liquid-cooled? I hate radiators, water pumps, corrosion, leaks, hoses! I'm not racing, just having fun!

If anyone knows where is/has one in great condition, for sale, please let me know.

Thanks

I am puzzled as to why you would put a wanted ad like this in the XR250/400 forum. Are you looking for a bike that someone converted?

I am scratchin my head trying to think of a bike that fits you requirements and can't think of one.

I am puzzled as to why you would put a wanted ad like this in the XR250/400 forum. Are you looking for a bike that someone converted?

I am scratchin my head trying to think of a bike that fits you requirements and can't think of one.

Yes, I saw (outside of Calif., thus not Calif.-legal) a converted (plated), estart XR400 for sale in Thumpertalk Classifieds. Theoretically, if someone had plated the bike here and added estart here, this would work for me!

Just get an XR 400 and put on a Mikuni pumper. It becomes a 1 kick wonder. No joke there. It now starts with barely a kick.

You might want to check out the Suzuki DR-Z250. It is air cooled, DOHC and e-start. I owned both a DR-Z250 and an XR250. I put my comparison of the two bikes on this forum awhile back. Just search for threads started by dr_drz. I would put a link to it in this message, but searching is currently disabled.

Thank you, Doctor! This Zook would probably be fine if it were Calif. Street-legal....

The only currently for sale, street legal, air cooled, between 250 and 450 cc's bikes are: None. That's right, they don't exist.

The closest you can come is the Yamaha XT225, the Suzuki DR200SE, the Suzuki DR650SE and the Honda XR650L. If you were willing to consider water cooling you could look at the Suzuki DR-Z400S and the Kawasaki KLX250S.

Or are you looking for a used bike?

Dr:

Yes, used would work---probably converted (kick to estart/off-road to plated) ones in California....

4-stroke:

Thx for the tip; 'checked out the site, too, and it looks like interesting operation they have....