Sign in to follow this  

Clutch safety switch question?

If a person were "pimping their ride" just prior to some big motorcycle rally or something.................... :applause::applause: and was installing a new clutch lever and perch that doesn't have the clutch safety switch in it, how does one disable that switch and wiring so it can be eliminated?

:applause::thumbsup:

Man, I guess I'm gonna hafta get off my duff and do this one... since its so easy.

From memory, I believe the wires from switch are yellow and white and they conveniently left male and female connectors on opposite wires so all you have to do is unplug the switch wires and plug the 2 yellow and white back together behind your headlight...but then my memory has been suspect lately....Mark

This one is a plug and play.....for the quick and dirty way. Will take you more time to get the headlight shroud off than to disconnect and reconnect.

Yeah....who would need to add bling, bling before this weekend. :thumbsup::applause:

For a finishing touch for stock controls, go to the hardware store and get a black plastic plug and install it in the switch hole. I've done this to the switch and mirror mounts and it really finishes off the job. :thumbsup:

treefuzz you've been around here for how long and hadn't done this yet :thumbsup::applause:

treefuzz you've been around here for how long and hadn't done this yet :applause::applause:

I know, I'm sorry :applause: I'll never be lazy again, I promise! :applause::ride:

Rest assured it's done now, and the blinged ASV levers are in place. :thumbsup:

Hey! Just did this. Where did look to find those black plastic caps? I'd really like to do this... do they have barbs on the end or how do they stay in? Also, while I was digging around in the wires behind the headlight cowl, I found an extra plug that wasn't used. Any idea what this is for? Obviously not hurting anything, but it might be interesting to know. Here are a couple pics of the connector.

100_0715.jpg

100_0710.jpg