Sign in to follow this  

DRZ goes over the edge

I thought that some of you may enjoy seeing what happened to me this weekend.

Going down the Devil's Staircase, I lost my balance and went over the edge. :applause: The DRZ rolled over me and landed upright on a tree. I am a lucky dog, because if it hadn't caught, I would have been walking home (seriously steep country).

Now I love my bike, but it took 5 tough guys to haul that pig back up to the trail. I don't recommend the experience. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, all I've got to commemorate the story is this picture and a scraped up arm. The bike came off the mountain with minor scrapes on the pipe, and nothing else (fired up first kick :applause:)

ouch,must of been a scary moment.its funny how when you go over the edge a tree always seem to save the bike.

It was just as scary as I always imagined it would be..

luckily I got off easy. nothing broken - even the camera

ouch,must of been a scary moment.its funny how when you go over the edge a tree always seem to save the bike.

Not always, my uncle broke a leg and rear wheel once when he went over the edge like this.

I had to cut and paste the URL to see it... but just because I'm in a good mood.

drzdown.jpg

Glad you and machine are OK.My brothers tale: Broken vertebra,collar bone. and shoulder blade, from a similar get off. We take our chances and the lumps, better luck in the future for ya.

WOW that must been some mutha **ucker to get it up out of there

5 guys just about had a heart attack to boost it out.

I am definitely adding a rope and tackle to my kit.

:thumbsup: Hopefully that would be the Ol' reverse Voodoo....if you have it you will never need it.

Very nice! Ended up in the slideshow and saw the gorilla and the severed finger .... any way related? :thumbsup:

no..not related..

the finger got stuck in the brake rotor when loading the bike. Kinda stung a little.

definitely should have invested in a rotor cover.

Finished loading it. Went and got the tip of the finger stitched back on, got some Vicoden, and went riding for three days.

How can one machine cause so much pleasure and so much pain??