Shock Preload / shaft travel

Sort of a follow up to my coil bind question...

Anyone know how to get ahold of the spec for shaft travel on a stock 2002 XR400R shock? I believe it's a Showa 44mm unit.

I'm running a light spring based on preference and need to know the shaft travel, including rubber bumper compression, to calculate the amount of preload I can run before coil bind occurs. Already have the spring specs for travel now.

Anyone know the shaft travel all the way to full bottom... or know if these specs are anywhere on the web?

Is this what you're looking for?

Haynes manual shows 'Rear shock absorber spring free length' for the XR400R as:

Standard 217.3mm (8.56 inches)

Limit 213.0mm (8.39 inches)

No... but thanks for the effort ?

I Have an aftermarket spring and just need to know the shaft travel to calculate the max amount of preload I can run before coil bind.

Actually, the rear suspension feels really good the way it is, I just need to sharpen up the turning a bit as I lost a bit when moving to the softer spring

How about a different question: How far up in the clamps can I run the fork tubes? I'm already at the lowest line... can you run them higher without a problem? i.e. wasn't sure if the tube material was thinner as you move lower so that you might damage the tubes when tightening the clamps if you run them higher in the clamp. What is the lowest position people have run without an issue ( clearance etc.)?