Sign in to follow this  

2007 dr 650 (black photos)

Anyone get the 07 dr 650 in black i like to see real pictures not the suzuki site photos.thanks

not even supposed to be released to dealers till late sept. patience my son... LOL Ha

I guess i have to wait till september,but no longer,see i gots lots of patience.

The black sure does look good, but I still like my yellow one more. I guess it all boils down to personal preference.

Mike

:cheers: Here's my friends. We just picked it up Thurs. He's been waiting for it since Aug. It looks even smoother in person.

DR019.jpg

Thanks,finally get to see one in black,very very nice, good luck and enjoy.

since this pic I have painted the side panels with krylon fusion balck paint. It looks really nice all black. I'll have to take current pics this weekend.

P1000798resize.jpg

since this pic I have painted the side panels with krylon fusion balck paint. It looks really nice all black. I'll have to take current pics this weekend.

P1000798resize.jpg

Looks really good though the first time I saw one in person I thought it would look a lot better w/o the tank graphics other than the "S".

I'd like to see the pic with the side panels done. (hint-hint) ;-)

I'd like to see the pic with the side panels done. (hint-hint) ;-)

Here are some pics from a great ride today (Trumbull Peak - near Yosemite Valley) with the black side panels.

P1000814resize.jpg

P1000813resize.jpg

I think the white side panels looked better ...Personal preference I guess...I waited for a black one to come to a dealer near me ...It came and went and not even a phone call to let me know it was in !!.... .....I'll just have to show up there when I buy one from ANOTHER dealer ...:cheers: ....JIm

That black looks nice. How scratch resistant is the krylon paint? I'm starting to wish I would have waited for the black, but lucky for me, the blue is faster.

That black looks nice. How scratch resistant is the krylon paint? I'm starting to wish I would have waited for the black, but lucky for me, the blue is faster.

I haven't crashed since I painted the side panels. I put like 5 coats of black and then three coats of clear coat. They seemed to handle the brush from the trails without any noticeable scratches. The bike is dirty in the pictures, they look great when they're clean....match the tank very well.

Sorry to bother you again, but what kind of clear coat did you use? Mine hasn't made it off road yet, but will come spring.

I'm thinking about making mine blue and black. I want to ge tthe black buell headlight set-up and paint the number plates black. Man it could be sweet.