Sign in to follow this  

Installed lightened flywheel, bike won't start.

I installed my lightened flywheel last night. Took the statoer cover off, loosedned the bolts pulled the flywheel installed the new on, replaced the cover and gasket. Now the bike won't start. The light is strong but when you hit the ignition it just clicks. One click, the N light goes out but it won't turn over? Any advice?

check for a bad connection on batt pos and neg cables. Also check behind the small cover in front of starter to see if the gears in there are in a bind.When I took my cover off I had a hard time getting these gears properly lined up.

Check for voltage at the starter when you push the button . If you have voltage (may be low like 9 volts if the starter is locked but you just want to see if it is getting there at all). If you have voltage at the starter and it will not turn over, the starter is locked, possibly internally or the gear train. You can also try jumping the hi current starter relay terminals or operating the control circuit with a jumper just to rule that out.

trailtech?

loosened what bolts?

No lightened LTZ flywheel. The hex bolts are the ones I loosened. And the main nut that pushes the flywheel down.