Sign in to follow this  

O-Ring Chains?

I ran an o-ring chain on my 04' CRF with great results. I just picked up an 06' model and my dealer said that the o-ring chain will not fit through the chain guide for this particular bike.

Is this right?

Thanks!

I run an X Ring DID Gold series with no problem at all on my '06. Why the O Ring and not an X Ring? The X Ring is the way to go in my opinion.

I just put an RK 520KZU chain on my bike. It's the only narrow x or o ring chain (U ring) that comes with a clip style master link. It looks just like a non o-ring chain.

I have always run the DID x-ring and had good luck but decided to try something different

what do you do when you just bought a regina o-ring chain and its gets a little hung up in the chain guide?

Now im running on my 06 crf 250 a RENTHAL R3 520 GOLD O-RING CHAIN , withut having problmes.. and i haven´t noticed loose of HP

hahaa yea I tried that and my clip fell off and I pushed my ass home through the muddy ass woods.

The problem with the limited clearance on the stock guide is once you hit it on something, especially in the woods, it's rubbing even worse.

I'm using the TM Designs guide and I'm sold on them forever. It's taken some real hard shots and is still straight.

One thing you can do is dremel the slot wider if you don't want to spring for a new guide.

BTW- always carry a spare master link!

I'm goin for the new chain guide. I have practice tommorow though so would it be ok to run now chain guide?

I'm goin for the new chain guide. I have practice tommorow though so would it be ok to run now chain guide?

You already had problems. Are you sure you put the clip on correctly?

the clpi should go on so that the open closed end is always moving forward, and the open end is always moving backwards

I'm pretty sure I did but I know its easy to make mistakes because afte rputting on my new sprockets I just buttoned up the chain and took off. Is it a bad idea to dithc the chain guide all together?

Now im running on my 06 crf 250 a RENTHAL R3 520 GOLD O-RING CHAIN , withut having problmes.. and i haven´t noticed loose of HP

trust me you are. i made the mistake of buying this chain....its easier to notice once you go back to a proper chain(well at least for mx) with no o rings.

hahaa yea I tried that and my clip fell off and I pushed my ass home through the muddy ass woods.

Sounds like you put the clip on backwords:)

trust me you are. i made the mistake of buying this chain....its easier to notice once you go back to a proper chain(well at least for mx) with no o rings.

yeah now i have noticed it on a mx track yesterday.. but i was tired of changing chain like every month!! which would be the correct chain??

BTW i will use the chain for a couple of months more..

*sorry for my bad english.. :thumbsup:

the r1 chain by renthal. i had mine a long time and loved it. MX action said it would last as long as the bike i think as an exageration but you get the point. also, even the stock chain should last you alot more than a month. make sure you have the proper tension, I think there is a thread about it in the technical forums. if you keep tightening your chain too tight(assuming it doesnt break) it will keep stretching. find the right play and it wont stretch so fast.