Sign in to follow this  

Part # for the 2007 CRF250 Head (complete with valved/springs etc)

As the title states..

None of the Honda dealers around my area have the Fiche for the 2007 CRF250.

I hear you can get the head complete with valves, springs etc. installed.

Any help with the part number would be great!! :thumbsup:

The haed does not come with valves installed.Head-12010-krn-A00.valves are the same as 04 and 05.-Intake14711-krn-670-exhaust-14721-krn-670.Springs-Intake-14751-krn-670,-Exhaust-14761-krn-670.the 06 and 07 head are the same.

Sorry Dan, I miss read your post... I was putting a comma in my brain and it sounded liek you were saying it differently..

Hmm.. Soo many options..

What woudl you guys do?

06 head with Ferrea valves and new piston?

Or use my exhisting 05 head and go with the ferrea valves and new piston? But just have my valve seats cut correctly?

Hmmm

Go with the 06 head I just ordered one a few day ago.It is supposed to have better seat material.I ordered it from service honda for 217.00 plus 10.00 shipping.I am not sure what valves I'm using yet.

Just got my 07 Head from RHC w/ RHC valves and J&E piston yesterday, putting it in tonight.

Just got my 07 Head from RHC w/ RHC valves and J&E piston yesterday, putting it in tonight.

What may I ask, did you pay for that complete set up?

I assume it came assembled with proper valve adjustment etc?

I got a 2007 RHC head also. No, it does not come shimmed, as the cam does not come with it. Additionally, the adjustment will change a bit between adjusting the valve clearance on the bench, vs on the bike. Buy the Hotcams shim kit.

I hear you can get the head complete with valves, springs etc. installed.
The head comes complete with valve seats and guides installed. Springs, valves, etc., are separate.

What may I ask, did you pay for that complete set up?

I assume it came assembled with proper valve adjustment etc?

RHC sells the complete head (with his coated intake valves/stock exhaust valves/springs) fully assembled for $610.00 (not ported) I got mine in the mail last week and I'm still trying to find time to install.

Please give a review, I'm on the verge of doing the same. :applause:

So far......so good! :applause:

My son and I just got back in from the garage.

I followed skipn8r's instructions Top End Notes Part 4- Break In

I did everything except for #14 - hammer it up and down through the gears. At 1:00am, even starting it was pushin' it. :applause: Well, that's what my wife said anyway.

The bike definitely sounds different. It sounds smoother than the original engine. (Maybe that's what I want to believe).

In the morning, I am going to take it for a spin, check for leaks, check the valves, change the oil, and then I'll do #14.

Many thanks to skipn8r for the great post. I wouldn't change one process on your list.

I'll give a valve/head & ride report in the next couple days. :thumbsup:

RHC sells the complete head (with his coated intake valves/stock exhaust valves/springs) fully assembled for $610.00 (not ported) I got mine in the mail last week and I'm still trying to find time to install.

That's what I got too. Along with a J&E piston.

the 06 and the 07 heads are different the 07 head has a revized exhaust port for more velocity increasing power every where .

what exactly is RHC? website?

http://www.ronhamp.com

Do a search on Ron Hamp or look at posts submitted by RHC. You'll understand what RHC is.

Awesome guy to work with! :thumbsup: Couldn't be happier with my 07 head & valves!

the 06 and the 07 heads are different the 07 head has a revized exhaust port for more velocity increasing power every where .

the intake is different too right? or did they change it somewhere between 04-06, i know my intake ports are also different

I thought the 06 and 07 heads were the same.Motosrort lists the 12010-krn-A00 as the 06 head.Ron you pasted that the number is for the 07.I hope this is trus because I just got my head delivered.

I thought the 06 and 07 heads were the same.Motosrort lists the 12010-krn-A00 as the 06 head.Ron you pasted that the number is for the 07.I hope this is trus because I just got my head delivered.

yeah thats the right number

Hey Ron,

Just checked my valves on the 05 CRF250 and here's what I got.

Exhaust from left to right: .010 & .009

Intake from left to right: .005 & ZERO

Bike will only bump start.

Let me know when you get another complete 07 Head w/valves Ron