Sign in to follow this  

Results of El Dorado Bi-Weekly meeting

I see where BigBob put most of this info. out on another thread, I just wanted to start a fresh one with the above Title. The new Alternatives are supposed to be on El Dorado's website next week. They will have additional comments concerning routes with resource concerns ie: proximity to a meadow, watershed, vegetation, private property etc. We'll have to wait and see what the new alternatives suggest, but it's a start. At least the FS is listening to users, now wether or not they decide to listen remains to be seen. The new Alt.'s are also going to have trails marked as per what type of motorized transportation is allowed to use said trail. Seasonal closures for Alt.'s A & I believe C is remaining at being closed Nov.1-May1. In Alt.'s B&D it changes from Dec. 1-Mar.1. Keep in mind the local ranger station will have input to lengthen the closure dates in a wet year. Of course in typical government logic there's no mechanism in place to shorten the closure dates in a dry year. :applause: Gotta love the gov't.

Here's the biggies-the field trips! As I've stated before I'll be on vacation when these trips take place so hopefully guys like OldeDude, Shady, Peakrider, Rockhounder, DVMPete, OldSchool and others can make these trips.

They all start at 10:00 a.m. and are hiking trips with the exception of the Mud lake trip, where you can use a vehicle or quad. The FS will send out an e-mail with all the particulars for each field trip complete with times and meeting places.

Sept. 9-Caples Creek/Silver Fork Trail. (3-man trail and the upper trails going through government meadows etc.)

Sept.10- Mud Lake (to include the cut-off trail that bypasses Mud Lake and the switchback trail coming out of Plasse's)

Sept. 11- Indian Valley/Blue Lakes (nice 4WD trail going all the way to Hwy.4)

Sept. 12- Lovers Leap/Pickett Fence trail. (encompassing all the strawberry trails, buck meadows, cody meadows etc.)

The Draft EIS is now due out in Mid Nov. or Dec. The way things are going probably Dec.

The Field Trips are the time to interject some common sense into this whole process. The main guy with the FS is Tony Scardina and he spends most of his time behind a desk looking at data streams. He's new to the forest and maybe with a little luck and him seeing firsthand these so-called resource concerns, he'll be better informed on his decision. He has the ear of the new Forest Supervisor, they both came from D.C.

If you want to get on the e-mail list for future bi-weekly meetings and to be informed of the field trips go to this page: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/projects/route/index.shtml

and sign up to be included.

It's crunch time gentlemen. :thumbsup:

I'm hoping to make the Caples Creek field trip on the 9th. Unfortunately I'll be out of town on business for the rest of them. It is important that we represnt ourselves at these opportunities, so I hope some of you can help out.

I'm hoping to make the Caples Creek field trip on the 9th. Unfortunately I'll be out of town on business for the rest of them. It is important that we represnt ourselves at these opportunities, so I hope some of you can help out.

Well spoken.

I've never had the opportunity to ride any of these trails, but I would like to participate in the weekend field trips.

Where is the meeting spot for Saturday and Sunday morning?