Sign in to follow this  

this was just given to me.

not sure on the year or make. its a yamaha 180(180cc?). if anyone knows the model or year please let me know. the guy had it running 4 or so years ago. i figured it would make a nice winter project. it has 4900 miles on it. if i get it running and tags for it i may use it to put around. i feel i would look pretty goofy on it though. i may just fix it up and sell it. either way it was FREE. :thumbsup:

old 001.jpg

old 002.jpg

old 003.jpg

Wow thats pretty cool and old! I dint know the year on, but het if its a YAMAHA its gotta worth something :thumbsup::applause:!!!

Anyways thats cool that u got ir 4 Free!!!

Its not an RD 350 or 400, those would be later models. I dont know what model it is but it looks like a late 60's bike.

not sure on the year or make. its a yamaha 180(180cc?). if anyone knows the model or year please let me know. the guy had it running 4 or so years ago. i figured it would make a nice winter project. it has 4900 miles on it. if i get it running and tags for it i may use it to put around. i feel i would look pretty goofy on it though. i may just fix it up and sell it. either way it was FREE. :applause:

It looks FAST!!! :thumbsup:

Looks like a 1967 Yamaha YCS1

it does look very similar. i am going to try and find some other numbers on the bike tomorrow. there has to be a serial# or something i could research.

that's so cool! i owuld love that! Clean it up make it shine, get it running, even if it is not that great. And it's freeeeeeeeeee-

born free----eeee -free as the wind blo---oows - free as the gras--sss- gr-rrrrrr---oows!

cool bike

well i could not find a serial # anywhere. after doing some more research i believe it is 1967 yamaha ycs1. it was one of the first yamahas to have the yamalube oil injection system and dynamo electric start. it's a piston port 2 stroke twin cylinder engine. so the real question is...would you sport this around town? should i keep it and ride it around on the road, get it running and sell it, or set it up for dirt? :thumbsup:

lol that thing is awesome, I bet it would clean up good. A little WD40 and light steel wool will work wanders on the chrome.

well i could not find a serial # anywhere. after doing some more research i believe it is 1967 yamaha ycs1. it was one of the first yamahas to have the yamalube oil injection system and dynamo electric start. it's a piston port 2 stroke twin cylinder engine. so the real question is...would you sport this around town? should i keep it and ride it around on the road, get it running and sell it, or set it up for dirt? :thumbsup:

set it up for the steet so you can use it as the grocery runner, but have dirt tires on it so that if any of ur buds wanna come out with you, you can throw them on that and laugh as you cruise down the trail. :applause:

Actually I work at a Yamaha dealer in N.H. and we often get parts from a dealer in Pennsylvania called Speed N sport. They deal in "obsolete or old parts". If you want their Phone # let me know. They have parts in stock that are nearly ungettable for old yamy's.