Sign in to follow this  

MPG for TE450

MPG varies a LOT depending on where and how I ride the 450. In more open terrain or desert where I can cruise at an average of 20-25mph, and don't stop often, I'm getting 38-39mpg. In tighter and more technical terrain with lots of stopping and rocks/obstacles, I have gotten as low as 25mpg.

R

I HOPE I can get 71 miles on a tank at Mammoth, mostly Jeep trails, but soft.

For single track first and second gear riding coasting some down hills I get around 18 to 20 miles per gallon or around fifty miles max out of a tank. On the road I get about 25 to 28 mpg or around 70 miles max. I weigh 160 lbs.

For single track first and second gear riding coasting some down hills I get around 18 to 20 miles per gallon or around fifty miles max out of a tank. On the road I get about 25 to 28 mpg or around 70 miles max. I weigh 160 lbs.

This seems about spot on for me as well. I'm surprised by how thirsty my TE450 is. I ran out of gas on the way back from a quick dual sport ride, 45 miles or so. Arod2K was there, bike just quit on Route 1 in traffic, pulled over and remembered I had a reserve and I was back on my way. I barely made it back to my van.

Lukejt

That leaves about 1 mile to push the bike to the gas stop.

My experience is with 2 Te450'S and 1 510, all 3 are 2006 and average around 30 to 32 MPG. Rides include all sand at Glamis, CA , open desert such as Cal City, and single track trails.

I HOPE I can get 71 miles on a tank at Mammoth, mostly Jeep trails, but soft.

06 TE450 With carb jet kit.

I ran out of fuel at 65 miles a number of times and this was on fire roads. Now I run a ims 3.5 gal tank :thumbsup:

This seems about spot on for me as well. I'm surprised by how thirsty my TE450 is. I ran out of gas on the way back from a quick dual sport ride, 45 miles or so. Arod2K was there, bike just quit on Route 1 in traffic, pulled over and remembered I had a reserve and I was back on my way. I barely made it back to my van.

Lukejt

Yeah, remember that well. We both started with full tanks and when we got to the gas station I had approximately 1/2 to 3/4 a gallon left. I have the JD kit and you have the JT kit (as in, Lukejt). I havent' flipped to reserve yet in 800 miles on my bike.

I feel like my jetting is good because the spark plug looks good and I only have a very very small amount of pop on decel (which I understand is how it's supposed to be with JD). Yet we get a fair amount different gas mileage. Hummmm.

I'd like to compare notes from our ride this weekend, but unfortunately I was at the hospital for five hours because of my migrating elbow guards. But that's another story.

unfortunately I was at the hospital for five hours because of my migrating elbow guards. But that's another story.

Gotta love our ER system here huh Alex? How is that flipper doin?

I didn't fill up all day Saturday. I'll check the tank and see how much is left but I really don't know how many miles I rode that day, no way the GPS logged accurate data in all those trees and my trip computer decided to quit working for some reason (impact with a tree) a long time ago :thumbsup:.

My buddy gets around 36-38 mpg on his TE450 with carb jet kit. He is around 220 lb.

Cheers

Jerry

I wish I could get 35+. I get ~27MPG average. I'm 150lbs. intermediate/agressive. Ride mostly rocky Western single track, not many open spaces.

180 main, JD Red needle 5th clip, 42 pilot, 70 leak jet, 1.5 turns out fuel screw. AP set to come on with throttle movement, no lash. No mods for AP duration other than leak jet.

I ride sea level to 2000ft.

No bog, no stumble...just rips.

I have a 1 litre "Fuel Bottle" made for Backpacking, I will carry with Us.

My Son has a huge tank on his CRF250X, I can borrow gas from Him if needed.

I am running the "high altitude" jetting from JD, so the 170 main may conserve some fuel??