Sign in to follow this  

CA Street legal bikes-bye bye plates

I spoke to the California Air Resources board today. The lady said they are going after all bikes, red or green, registered after Jan 2004. She said it is an ongoing problem with cars and bikes, choppers also!!!! I asked why they allowed 10,000 two stroke blowers. She said they are legal and do have to adhere to air quality laws. She acknowledged they are dirtier than green sticker 4 strokes. Well I will not send back my plates. I will wait for Honda to make a street legal dual sport. I don't want to buy a KTM or Husky.

I am pissed. I gave her my name and I knew the risk. She was cool and assured me my name would not be at the top of the list to get the letter to return the plates. F'n CA.

I spoke to the California Air Resources board today. The lady said they are going after all bikes, red or green, registered after Jan 2004. She said it is an ongoing problem with cars and bikes, choppers also!!!! I asked why they allowed 10,000 two stroke blowers. She said they are legal and do have to adhere to air quality laws. She acknowledged they are dirtier than green sticker 4 strokes. Well I will not send back my plates. I will wait for Honda to make a street legal dual sport. I don't want to buy a KTM or Husky.

I am pissed. I gave her my name and I knew the risk. She was cool and assured me my name would not be at the top of the list to get the letter to return the plates. F'n CA.

Buy an old junker dual-sport and then put that license plate on your X and don't get pulled over. I have a 1992 Suzuki DR350S that is registered and platted that I can borrow the plate from if I need to....... :thumbsup:

I would do the same thing but if you get caught and the ranger is not friendly you could get booked for defrauding the DMV which can go as either a felony or a misdemeanor.

and don't get pulled over........ :thumbsup:

:applause: I like that part... I have been trying to figure out how to not get pulled over as long as I've been driving. :applause:

Another one slips through the cracks at the DMV.

Got my 05 CRF450X plated today. We'll see how long it lasts.

Hmmm, think I'll ride to work tomorrow.