Sign in to follow this  

Sand Dunes

Hey everyone i know this is a quad post, but posted it in the suzuki ATV forum and only got one reply. I am heading to the sand dunes this weekend. Thought it was next weekend, but plans changed. Now i don't have time to get paddle tires on my quad and have them mounted before Friday. Will i be alright without paddle tires or will it be a pointless trip? Any info would be great.

i see lots of quads riding w/out paddles in the dunes. just drop your air pressure a little bit and you'll be fine...be careful, there's alot of knuckleheads out on holiday weekends, especially in the dunes

You'll be fine, kust do what guy before said, low the tire pressure and u'll be fine!

Be careful and have fun :thumbsup: !!!

maybe cut every-other row of knobs of :thumbsup: just a thought!

nope, just leave them how they are. Ive climbed all the big dunes at glamis/superstition on a quad and bike with knobbies. You can get around fine with out a paddle, it just makes it a little easier.

I've ridden a quad in the sand with just nobbies before and it's pretty a lot of fun. Whips around easier without the paddles.

ive always wanted ot ride dunes, it seems so fun, is there a method to it? like a track of some type? or do you just make it what you want and go where you please?

yeah you will do fine without paddles and im sure you will have a blast!...you can go wherever you please, but if there hasnt been wind and has been lots of traffic there are tracks everywhere and your best bet is to stay in them so you dont find your self fliying off an unknown razor back or into a witches eye. be safe and have fun!