Sign in to follow this  

Remote tripmeter reset a NO-GO :0(

Due to the fact I hate fumbling with resetting the stock tripmeter every time I fill up I tried installing a momentary switch to the 2 spare wires coming out of the speedo and it does not work. :applause: Also tried touching the wires together and it does not reset. Anyone get one of these to work? :thumbsup:

HHHMMM ok some of the threads I've read here lead me to believe that is what it is for. Maybe being a 2006 changes things too :thumbsup:

I have that Suzuki remote switch and IMHO it aint worth a damn. It's never worked to reset anything...all it does is make the timer flash. It wont reset!

It does work BUT the trip (either A or :applause: has to selected, in other words the A or B trip must have the stripe beneath it. You can only do this via the speedo itself so the external button can only reset a chosen trip. You still have to play around on the speedo to select a trip, once it's selected you can zero it from the wires/button (stoopid I know :thumbsup: )

Correct..Move the cursor to under TRIP A or TRIP B and then push your remote button which is plugged into the little white connector in the headlight shell...Works like a charm...It does make it "slightly" easier to reset the tripmeter...

Correct..Move the cursor to under TRIP A or TRIP B and then push your remote button which is plugged into the little white connector in the headlight shell...Works like a charm...It does make it "slightly" easier to reset the tripmeter...

That's great. I really wanted it so that I could reset the trip timer...I guess it won't do that from what you said. It only is meant to reset the Trip A or Trip B mileage readout. Dammmit.

That's great. I really wanted it so that I could reset the trip timer...I guess it won't do that from what you said. It only is meant to reset the Trip A or Trip B mileage readout. Dammmit.

Fiddle around with it, maybe it resets whatever the cursor is on at the moment.

BTW; it is not in any of the manuals for the 06 E.