Sign in to follow this  

crf150

ok i'm a true red rider but i was re-jetting my ex's 150 yesterday and is up with those stupid little plastic clips holding the plastics on? those things suck! i think i'm going to replace them with some nuts n bolts just my 2cents

Why do you have to remove any plastics when re-jetting? I never have.

Then again, I've been told dozens of times you have to pull the engine on a CRF150 to remove the cylinder, but I did it with the engine still in the frame.

i probably didn't but it needed a good cleaning all around it had been sitting under a tree for 8 months. and i'm just used to pulling everything off because of my XR

If your talking about the left and right shrouds, then why didnt you just take off the whole gas tank?? I never had a problem with the clips in the event of a crash

The clips are easy to get off, taking the whole tank off is the easy way though. I don't think you even need to take of the tank off, it just gives you a lot more room to work around.

yeah i took the gas tank off too just used to it i like alot of room to work with lol. i'm just saying that i would have rather liked to see screws than those little plastic jobbies. reminds me of door panels on a car. they looked all munched up when i put them back too. i'm just sayin i don't like em thats all