Sign in to follow this  

Any experience with Farm n fleet, menards or home depot utility trailers

Like the title says has anyone here had any experiences good or bad with farm n fleet, home depot or menards utility trailers. Looking at possibly buying one of the 5x8 ones just trying to see if they are any good.

Eric

Are we talking the enclosed ones or the open ones?

Pace makes most of the Home Depot and Fleet Farm enclosed trailers.

I have a 10 x 12,bought at HD. $799. And worth every penny...I could have built it at 1/2 the cost.. But I was strapped for time,, and I wanted a trailer that would work NOW. It's since been modified to suit me needs. Bike shoes, 12 tie down rings around the perimeter, Mount for an air tank,Gas can rack, spare tire holder. Equipment box for the jack,tie downs, lug wrench, registration. It is a perfect between when I do not want to drag the 36" Toy hauler.

I bought a 5x8 Snow Bear brand open trailer at HD in 2003 and haven't had any problems with it. I am just now replacing the tires. They seem to have lasted about 1500 miles. That may be bad, but I don't know how long they should have lasted. One thing that I would recommend with an open trailer, is to make sure that it has sides. I have a friend that saved some money and bought a cheapo trailer without sides only about 6 inches high, and I don't trust having my bike on the back of his trailer. In fact, we had another bike on the back and it fall off in transit. Luckily, it wasn't mine.

Good luck.

I have a SnowBear from Home Depot. I've been using it for a couple of years now. As JSanfilippo said, it fits a bike and a (smaller) quad no problem. It also tucks away vertically in the garage when we're done with it.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=25838&thumb=1

I have a SnowBear from Home Depot. I've been using it for a couple of years now. As JSanfilippo said, it fits a bike and a (smaller) quad no problem. It also tucks away vertically in the garage when we're done with it.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=25838&thumb=1

Mine has a taller gate but its pretty much the same thing. Useful little trailer if you ask me :thumbsup: