Sign in to follow this  

What sprocket should i pick up?

i have a stock '05 KX250F and im maybe looking to pick up an exhaust in the near future the place i run at has a motocross and a supercross track at it. im not sure which teeth size to pick up...any suggestions?

ive always run 13/49

recently i needed a front sprocket and had a 14tooth laying around and the bike runs so much smoother now and still hits hard on the bottom just revs out so much longer.

its worth the 21 bucks to give it a whirl. you wont be dissapointed

What gearing would you guys recommend for Enduro riding.

I'v only had my 06 for 2 weeks (with stock sprockets), but have been riding a lot in thick sandy trails which often have big dune climbs and fast straights.

I'm finding that I run out of legs in 5th and end up revving pretty high.

Anyone else using their KXF for Enduro riding care to share their sprocket setup with me ?

Should I just go up 1 tooth on the front ?

i race harescrambles and i put a 50 tooth on the rear. the top speed may be equal to that of a cr85 but it rips off the bottom end alot harder... perfect for the tight stuff

I think I may need the opposite to what you have.

I'm looking for a lower revving bike when going flatout.

Just last week I put on a 49 tooth and was surprised at the difference it made. It gets into the mid fast and because of that it hits harder. I am still on the fence if it is a better setup for me though.