Sign in to follow this  

sprocket size

I'm running 13/47 and am using 1st, 2nd and third gears most of the time on my '06 450r. I want to start using 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears so I don't have to cross neutral. Would jumping one tooth on the front be too drastic get me close to the same feel out of the new gears? Maybe a 50 on the rear?

I'm running 13/47 and am using 1st, 2nd and third gears most of the time on my '06 450r. I want to start using 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears so I don't have to cross neutral. Would jumping one tooth on the front be too drastic get me close to the same feel out of the new gears? Maybe a 50 on the rear?

a lot of guys are running 13:50 or 13:51 out here in AZ.

Adding a tooth up front gears you taller. Your only option is to add teeth to the rear in order to gear down. I don't think you can run a 12 tooth front. Most run 13/50 at the track. You sound like a beginner. If you are, 13/50 may be a bit too ballsy for you. :thumbsup: