Sign in to follow this  

250 XL price??

I have a friend that I work with and he is selling a 250 XL and wants 800 for it. Is this a good price?

it is a 87 it has an oil leak somewhere that is really small (about 2-3oz in 6 hours of riding)

has new brakes

Has new Spedo

and also has no back fees and is registered for street and somehow has a green sticker too.

What you you guys think, good price?

Nate

Sounds good enough to me, just as long as he is open to lower offers. If you were to see what its worth at kbb.com it would be a lot lower, but that isn't a real good estimate for older bikes.

the KBB Suggested Retail From a Dealer is 960.

Trade in Value is 565, which is what a seller would get from a dealer

the KBB Suggested Retail From a Dealer is 960.

Trade in Value is 565, which is what a seller would get from a dealer

Wow, that's a lot more than I would have guessed.... I guess old dual sports hold their value pretty well... List it for $900 and maybe drop to $700 minimum.

I paid $1050 canadian for a 74 XL 250 mint shape street ready. Got it appraised later said its worth nearly $1500-2000

I sold my '82 XL250R for 850. I paid 650. If you have time you might get 1000 depending on where you're located. Dual Sports are in hot demand in Washington and an XL250 is a pretty good entry bike for adults. I only had three people come to look at my bike after posting it in craigslist, the first two said they wanted a bigger engine after test riding it (they rode 900cc and 1200cc street bikes :thumbsup: ) both said the price was right.

i would be buying this bike from a friend next week... i am really excited to get riding this would be my first bike and i will be getting some street time after i get better in the dirt. I think i will offer 700 and see.

Buy it. Here in TX, a running street legal (registered & inspected) motorcycle will always bring at least $1000. Dual sports are even better.

Good deal,

I paid $900 for my 87 xl250r that was in pretty good shape but had been sitting for years. I've gotten my moneys worth of fun and smiles out of the ol' girl.

OH, The brakes Suck on these bikes so be careful when in traffic. The XR's had disk brakes. I just bought a CR front end to convert mine over to a disk front. I'll take pics.

i just took her out last weekend... sooo amazing and a heck of alot of fun i love it! i took my friend out who had never ridden a dirtbike before and he bought a cr250 the next day.