Sign in to follow this  

Trans oil still leaking into engine side

06 450......I've replaced the crank seal twice, and the counter balancer seal.....Still seeps into the engine side..............Any suggestions?

06 450......I've replaced the crank seal twice, and the counter balancer seal.....Still seeps into the engine side..............Any suggestions?

well i have not had a customer bike that with peening the holes and locktighting both seals in at the same time i have not been able to fix------however on my own 04 or 03 i forget witch one was what :applause: ( my 02- and 03 or 04 both did this :thumbsup: )

i had the case gskt around the crank area to trans area on the center case was week and it did not look quite like the gskt was installed correctly at the factory and i had to pull it apart and go through the thing -----but it was the only one i have seen so far -------

take and fill the engine full all the way to the filler with solvent ( 325 chevron thinner --mineral spirits or so )

and slightly blow air in the trans through the vent hose ( regulated down to around 2-7 range ---safety wire the trans vent on because it blows off )---and see how bad of a leak it is and possibly where the bubbles are coming from ------you can also pressurize the motor and soap and water check the rt crank seal kinda through the timing hole -----or pull a vacuum on either side and use common sense to really narrow the leak down and see what you think,----

i kinda found my 03 04 case leak with pressure on the engine filled with solvent and the trans empty and i was looking around with a mirror and a light and i kept getting solvent running out the trans drain hole ----i put A/C leak dye in the solvent and pressured it up again and let it leak and then emptied it all out and let the dye dry overnight and then split the cases and then i could see where it was coming from ---- :applause:

I have had the oil couple of times leaking into the engine side. The reason in my cases was not the seal itself, but the crank, which was out of true. So measure the crank, and if it is out more than 0.05, true or replace it. At the same time it is vise to replace the seal