Sign in to follow this  

Motard 1rst time tomorrow

I'm riding Grange raceway tomorrow for the first time on my new (to me) '05 KTM 450 SMR and I'm SO DARN EXCITED!

Yesterday I couldn't take it any more and I had to take my bike for a quick spin around the neighborhood. Its extremely loud and yes, I had a neighbor yelling at me, good times ;-)

ZOOM ZOOM... ride report to follow....

good luck man, not to go faster than u can... and just don't kiss the tarmac and taste the dirt..

goodluck

I had fun on my Motard today. The dirt section was closed so it was a nice clean ride! I tried foot down and foot up and was much more comfortable road race style, feet on pegs. Lots to learn, good times!

woot!!!

Let us know how it goes, chris!

Hey monkey boy, it was a gas! Iv'e been having lots of retarded fun on this thing. Odd how these things go; now I want to buy a dirt bike and a touring bike to go with it!

Hey just wondering where you ended up getting your bike from. I'll be looking to buy a bike within the next 3 months and I think I'll be wanting the same one you got.

Hey just wondering where you ended up getting your bike from. I'll be looking to buy a bike within the next 3 months and I think I'll be wanting the same one you got.

I bought mine used from Craig's list. Its got a bunch of good stuff on it.

*slipper clutch

*16.5 front

*Brembo master

*Radiator Guards

*Pipe

*Case guards

You can find used ones out there but you have to be patient. Since I've bought mine I've gotten connected with some guys that have inside lines and I would probably pay less if I had to buy another one. Let me know when you're ready and I'll do what I can to hook you up.

1/14/07 there is a demo day at Grange. I'm going with some friends and several of them are renting a demo bike from KTM. Its a pretty good deal and how I got hooked in the first place. You pay $150 to KTM and get to ride their bike all day and they even feed you lunch! Good times!

I bought mine used from Craig's list. Its got a bunch of good stuff on it.

*slipper clutch

*16.5 front

*Brembo master

*Radiator Guards

*Pipe

*Case guards

You can find used ones out there but you have to be patient. Since I've bought mine I've gotten connected with some guys that have inside lines and I would probably pay less if I had to buy another one. Let me know when you're ready and I'll do what I can to hook you up.

1/14/07 there is a demo day at Grange. I'm going with some friends and several of them are renting a demo bike from KTM. Its a pretty good deal and how I got hooked in the first place. You pay $150 to KTM and get to ride their bike all day and they even feed you lunch! Good times!

Thanks for the info on the bike, I'll let you know when I'm ready (I have a 2 day race school in april then I'll sell my R6). I doing the demo day on the 13th with 3 Bros. also!