Sign in to follow this  

Husky Gas tank, radiator plastic

I've managed to crack the clips on the gas tank plastic (blue pointed pieces) that holds the radiator side plastic (grey pieces) on both sides. I also managed to crack one of the gas tank pieces.

The gas tank plastic sticks out pretty far and pops off pretty easily. The slots are very small and weak. Has anyone else had problems with this? I'm thinking about drilling some holes in it to make it more durable (suggestions?). What are some good solutions?

How much can I expect to pay for plastic fairings (tank)?

It also seems that things don't line up properly now. Like the two grey pieces connected to the radiator are bent in and are covering part of my radiator. I took them off and noticed the tabs on teh radiator that the screw connects to are sligthly pushed in on both sides. Is that by design or did I manage to bend mine on both sides?

I haven't had time to really tinker with it yet and suggestions would certainly save me some time later.

Thanks,

Just got my bits last month from Munroe Motors in SF, CA. (06 TE450)

I think the left side plastic bit was in the 30 dollar range and the sticker was something like 45 bucks. I'll have to find the invoice but the whole total with shipping seems to ring a bell in my brain that says 75 US dollars. I do know the sticker was MORE than the plastic.

I'm running Rooster rad cages and can't speak to the stock mounts.

Great stuff.

I have seen some owners cut off the projecting point of bush grabbing plastic to potentially reduce future vegetation intrusion into the wallet. Won't help much with earth and rocks caressing the tank at odd angles of travel though.

Just put some white number plate side panels on from motoplastics..looks like original Cemoto, even in a Cemoto bag. Check the prices on brake and clutch levers too.

WAY cheaper than local dealer and very fast shipping..two thumbs up!

Just put some white number plate side panels on from motoplastics..looks like original Cemoto, even in a Cemoto bag. Check the prices on brake and clutch levers too.

WAY cheaper than local dealer and very fast shipping..two thumbs up!

Ok - it lists "side panels" but not left or right. Is the price listed for a pair of side panels? As in a left and a right side panel?

Any clue how durable these are compared to stock? Anyone?

Ok - it lists "side panels" but not left or right. Is the price listed for a pair of side panels? As in a left and a right side panel?

Any clue how durable these are compared to stock? Anyone?

I ordered the rear side panel(s) -quantity = one as ordered on web site-..came as a set of 2 (pair, right and left) in a single (one), sealed Cemoto bag. No Husky decals mind you, just a very thick 4" oval Cemoto race decal. So $48.95 plus shipping netted me 2 side panels.

Looks like OEM Cemoto plastic fit and finish for less than half the dealer price and with a fast turn around time!. Never heard of the company before and stumbled across the web site searching for parts. I'm already thinking of new color schemes! :thumbsup:

A quick look at the web site says Cemoto or UFO plastics...I would venture to guess the UFO plastics would be non standard Husky colors..ie..not red, white, blue or yellow in standard placement..might give them a call to be sure. Strike that..email them. No phone number listed on web site...good luck! :lame:

Not sure if you have screwed up your tank, but I have a new '07 TE 510 tank that I could part with on the cheap.

TwoBurgers

Nice Sharpie! (damn it, I KNEW I should have done the black plastic!)

Coffee - the Cemoto plastic is identical - as near as I can tell - to the stock pieces. The UFO numberplate panels are a little more flexible, meaning when I put my hip into the bike on the left side to lift it onto my stand it flexes instead of breaking at the rear-most bolt hole and where it touches the subframe. The UFO yellow is a touch lighter in hue than the Cemoto or stock - BUT one ride at Foresthill and it was all red anyway, so no matter. I'm very happy with my plastics from Motoplastics.

The $8 clutch levers however, are too good to be true - mine broke in the fender bag, which was just as well since the pivot-mounting holes were cast askew.The brake lever mounts just fine, although I'm using it as a spare since I'm not sure about its durability.

The $8 clutch levers however, are too good to be true - mine broke in the fender bag, which was just as well since the pivot-mounting holes were cast askew.The brake lever mounts just fine, although I'm using it as a spare since I'm not sure about its durability.

Crap..sad to hear that...I bought both as spares, in my tool kit. I did/do like the fact that the ones I got are about 1/2" shorter that the stockers. I cut and re-welded my stockers as I like a shorter lever...oh well, back to the drawing board.

The guy who runs Motoplastic is a member here and a hell of a nice guy. Supporting his effort will insure us availability in the future. Good stuff. As for the lever i would contact him and see whats up as i have a hard time believing he is knowingly selling crap.

K

Ride - no criticism of Motoplastics intended. Plastics as good or even better than stock that mount up with no drama, at scary-low prices, fast turn around, cheap shipping and friendly customer service. I will order from them again. :thumbsup:

Plus if I want to put together a Bat-bike I can :lame:

The levers are Cemoto manufacture, not Bembo or Magura, and that's probably the problem. The clutch lever ships without the pivot insert or adjuster/push rod thing - there is a reason it's $8. So you have to reuse the stock pivot and adjuster - that is assuming you can find it after a get-off hard enough to break the lever. I just bought a Moose lever that came with the pivot/adjuster for $22 and called it a day. (then wrapped it in 50 layers of tape before putting it in the tail bag - see, I CAN learn)

Ride - no criticism of Motoplastics intended. Plastics as good or even better than stock that mount up with no drama, at scary-low prices, fast turn around, cheap shipping and friendly customer service. I will order from them again. :thumbsup:

Ditto that.. I am already planning my next order(s)....and I already have a KTM "bat bike" so I'm going the other direction. ;-)