Sign in to follow this  

Real advice on pipes....

I am ready to buy a new pipe for my 06 CRF 250x and have pretty much narrowed it down to either the Pro Circuit Ti-4 full Titanium header and exhaust (about $765.00) and the Dr. D SS pipe and header (about $475.00). Let me know if you have either of these and what your comments are.

thanks.

the pro circuit is goodbut expensive but i haved heard that the white bros. has the best bang for ur buck but its really loud

What about the DR.D full system with the 94db insert. Power and stealth....you can't beat that.

that's the Dr. D I am considering.... some folfs have suggested the MRD_racing pipe (mrd-racing.com). Anyone familiar with this pipe? It has a great warranty - if you bend it they replace it....

i would go for the Pro Circuit Ti-4 full Titanium header and exhaust. that will make such a difference i dotn know much about the other pipe but the pro circuit is the way to go.

I have the Dr D. on a 05R. I would save the money and modify the stock muffler. The P38 lightening by Factory R&D made a bigger difference and is $70.00

I have the Dr. D and i cant be happier with it, it is perfect for me, my riding style and conditions i ride in. i have also made gearing and cam mods, jetting, air box, to compliment the exhaust.

Great pipe

I added a Leo Vince full system to my bike this week. My biggest concern was a high quality pipe, with a serious respect for noise and performance. I felt that many pipe brands spend a lot of time building a great pipe for the tracks...and then just plug them up for riding the woods....which is the only riding I do. With European noise laws stricter than here in the US, I went with Leo Vince because I felt they designed the performance around the restrictions rather than having the noise restrictions solved as an afterthought or add on.

The pipe works great (same great low end torque as stock), looks great, sounds great. I'm glad I spent the money.

i definatly recomend the DR. D! with the dr. d and jetting it feels like my bike has amazing low mid and even top end power! it works great on the trails but i am more excited to see how it is in the dunes!

I've also got the Dr. D and love it. It really opened up the power curve (bottom and Top), is the cheapest full system out and a snap to install. I also had it sound checked 2 weeks ago at an event, and after a year and a half it's still at 95db without a re-pack.

The Pro Circuit pipes are very good, but ridiculously loud. Save our sport and consider the Dr. D.

$464 here... www.motosportoutlet.com

Good luck!

I have the Dr D. on a 05R. I would save the money and modify the stock muffler. The P38 lightening by Factory R&D made a bigger difference and is $70.00

The P-38 is an accelerator pump cover with a taller "Bump" on the bottom to limit the Volume of the Pumpshot. You can do the same thing with a Leak Jet.

As far as the Pipe, the Leo Vince is BY FAR the best Pipe out there for the Husqvarnas, I do not have one on the CRF but I DO have FMF, FLOW, and modified stockers.

NONE of the CRF Pipes will do anything without Cutting the Airbox and Re-Jetting.

In fact pulling the Insert on a Stock 250 X kills about 3 MPH on the Top End with no other changes.

does anyone know if any of these headpipes tuck in better than the stock. do they come with any provision for a heat shield / crash guard?

does anyone know if any of these headpipes tuck in better than the stock. do they come with any provision for a heat shield / crash guard?

I put on the Pro Circuit Ti-4 Lowboy. It went on easy, it tucks in real tight and low, it is very light and is not loud. There are no heat shields. The low boy gets real close to the water pump hose, so I would go with the Ti-4. :worthy: