Unibiker install, piece of cake

I just cut the old side panels down and peeled off the decal. I never liked the way those panels flaired out so wide, got to be more aero now.

I got the idea from BayouBiker, he mentioned that it even helped on the highway, less drag.

Ron W.

The windscreen is from a KLR, not an easy install I had to increase the bend so it had more rap-around to match the curve on the DRZ headlight fairing. Tried a heat gun first but not hot enough, I finally held it over (4"-5") the electric stove burner turned on high ? and gave it a good bend. You can pick them up pretty cheap on ebay, get one used in case you melt it trying my bending method.

As far as the Unibiker install just follow the instructions, they easily slid around my radiators and just before I tightened up the screws I made sure the the mounting hole on the chassis were visable through the Unibiker access holes...then tighten away. Now I have an SM, not sure if it's as easy on the E or S models.

I just spray painted the heat shield with black barbeque spray paint, it's heat resistant.

Ron E.