Trails near Akron

I am a country boy stuck near the city of Akron, Ohio for school.

anybody have any trails close by that I could ride to stay sain.

You could go to Wellsville and ride, I personally have not been there yet but others I know have and its like the wild west there,

or closer by southeast of Canton is Bear Creek, but it is only open weekends I think and its $10 or $15 a day to ride.

Perry state forest is a state owned area which has some cool stuff with no out of bounds except the property boundry, and it is probably 1 1/2 hrs from Akron. All you need is a State of Ohio APV sticker on your bike.

I am lookin for somethin that after class I can jump on the bike and do a little ridin. Anybody have any trails privately owned or stripe mines they have permission to? PM me if ya do?

Thanks

There is also Elson Street near Canton.

been to Elson on a quad. Im just learning to ride dirt bikes so i need something better suited for beginners..

Crow Canyon is about the best place around to ride. Bad part is its 1 hr south. Elson street is 30-35 minutes south and its ok and I've heard not to even bother with Bear Creek unless you are new to riding. Do what I did. Every time I see somebody with a dirt bike I ask where they ride. I have found 2 local spots but can not post on line. Just see and ask and you shall find. Good luck

What size bikes are you guys from Akron riding? I'm looking for some trails to get started on, but I have dr650 with knobbys. I've also heard of a place called brickyard in wadsworth that's supposed to be pretty good. I live in C. Falls and am a student also.

Let us know about the brickyard, I have not heard of it. According to the Beans bike park website they have trail riding as well as moto now. They are down near Crow Canyon I believe.

Wadsworth isn't that far away but I've never heard of the brickyard? Any more info on it? Is it legal and you pay or just the name of a place to ride and hope you dont get caught?? Hey Babron, and anyone else interested: On May 19/20 we'll be riding in a Dual sport ride in southern Ohio. Its a great day of riding both street and trails. About 100miles first day and about 80 miles on Sunday. PM me if anyone interested for more info.

I can't find anything out about brickyard. I'll have to take a ride out there when it get's a little warmer. I was thinking about going down to the ride in southern ohio, but I have to make sure my brothers bachealor party isn't that weekend. Where do you guys stay while your on the ride?

We stay at LAke Hope Cabins. Heres the info on it. The cabins sell out every year and there is camping also but if you get 4 people together your cabin cost is about 20-25 bucks per night. Hope we can get a buch of people from Akron to go. Its always nice to meet people that ride and even better if they live near by. http://www.kaeppnerswoods.com/index.php?option=com_events&task=view_detail&agid=11&year=2007&month=05&d ay=19&Itemid=5 The cost of the cabins are not shown in this flyer.

We stay at LAke Hope Cabins. Heres the info on it. The cabins sell out every year and there is camping also but if you get 4 people together your cabin cost is about 20-25 bucks per night. Hope we can get a buch of people from Akron to go. Its always nice to meet people that ride and even better if they live near by. http://www.kaeppnerswoods.com/index.php?option=com_events&task=view_detail&agid=11&year=2007&month=05&d ay=19&Itemid=5 The cost of the cabins are not shown in this flyer.

I'd like to get more info on the event. Im a new rider and would like to attend but probably not camp. Is it possible to ride one day? Are there any hotels nearby incase we decide to stay overnight?

ThX!

You can do a 1 day ride for about $50 if you sign up before the event. I think its 60 the day of. Hey 03stage2 you were right, 48 degrees on sunday, do you want to ride??

Wadsworth isn't that far away but I've never heard of the brickyard? Any more info on it? Is it legal and you pay or just the name of a place to ride and hope you dont get caught?? Hey Babron, and anyone else interested: On May 19/20 we'll be riding in a Dual sport ride in southern Ohio. Its a great day of riding both street and trails. About 100miles first day and about 80 miles on Sunday. PM me if anyone interested for more info.

Sorry to bring the old thread back to life...

Just wondering if anyone found any legal trails in Wadsworth. I'm not that far from there. Or how about the Medina area?