Drz Tail Light

Does Anyone Know If A Stock E Tail Light Assembly Would Fit Onto An S Rear Fender. And If So Would It Plug Right Into The Harness Without Any Mods. I Would Like To Use That Tailight Assembly With Small Tear Drop Directionals If Possible. I Bought The Baja Designs Assembly But Was Not Happy With It.

I don't believe it will. The subframes are different. I don't think the metal extends around like the S, on the E. I've seen guys use the Acerabis combo unit with light and signals mounted on one piece of plastic, but still some stuff to deal with to make it fit right. I left mine alone and just trimmed it down and remounted the plate flush without the bracket. I'm happy with it. Tailight still looks like a small tv though.

What was it about the Baja taillight that you didnt like. I have been trying to figure out the best way to clean up the tail on my DRZ-S. Modifying existing tail piece is tricky. Dont know which aftermarket piece to go with. The UFO seems best because it has the blinkers, but I am also looking at Acerbis and Baja. What is your experience? Thanks--Carl

i took off all of the original black-plastic taillight assembly and i doing so it left me with two little tabs hanging down on each side (right behind the helmet lock) which were perfect to mount low profile, flush-mount turn signals so they won't break if the bike falls over. and for the taillight i took a piece of .063 aluminum about 5" wide and bent a 45 degree angle and drilled two holes so i could mount it to the sub-frame on the very back where the stock assembly had bolted. i temporarily used a stop/taillight and lens for a trailer until i got my own LED's in from "led inc" that i used to replace it. i don

t have a pic but if you want one let me know if you don't want to use your Baja designs one contact me and maybe we can work out a deal because my dad wants one