Bakersfield, Ca SVRA

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet:thinking:

I'm plaining on attending.

As the Bakersfield State Vehicular Recreation Area (SVRA) moves through the approval process, there is a need for off roaders to show up to support the project at a public hearing of the Kern County Planning Commission on Thursday, September 14 at 7:00 PM in the Board of Supervisor chambers, 1115 Truxtun Avenue in Bakersfield.

In the planning stages for five years, the project has several critical objectives to successfully clear in the weeks ahead. Planned amenities include restrooms, tracks, trails, and onsite rangers. A thorough Environmental Impact Report is underway. Details can be seen on the Kern Off Highway Vehicle Association website at www.kohva.com .

The worst case scenario would be for a room full of project opponents to show up for this meeting and only a handful of off roaders. Keep two things in mind: 1) There are those out there who will do anything to block this off road park because of their disdain for off roaders young and old. 2) The world is run by those who show up.

During such Planning Commission hearings, people will get up one at a time and either speak in opposition to or in support of the SVRA. If you are not comfortable speaking for a minute or two in public, we still need large numbers of off roaders in the audience.

Meeting times and dates can change at the last minute but as of right now, the Planning Commission hearing is planned for THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 14 AT 7:00 PM IN THE KERN COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS CHAMBERS, 1115 TRUXTUN AVENUE IN BAKERSFIELD. For more information contact dick@corva.org

http://www.district37ama.org/forums/showth...ed=1#post125800

http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=27808&st=0entry278678

The date has just changed for the Kern County Planning Commission meeting for the Bakersfield State Vehicular Recreatrion Area (SVRA). The Kern County Planning Department just made this change.

The new date is Thursday, September 28 at 7:00 PM. Everything else remains the same including the address.

If you have any questions, you can contact us or Dick Taylor: rdtusmc@email.msn.com

Regards,

Dana Nichol

Pete Conaty and Associates

Governmental Relations

1107 9th Street, Suite 530

Sacramento, CA 95814

ph# (916) 492-0550

fx# (916) 492-8957

Ride on

Brewster

CERA...assistant LAO

I am over on the coast but no way I could make it. wish I lived closer. Get your friends and neighbors to go, I would also post this on some of the other sites cause this is important. tree hugers do this for a living so they wil be there in numbers!!! The trx450r.org site has a few people from Bako on there as well, they are atv riders, but its all the same!!! keep us posted!!!