Sign in to follow this  

hehe...broken things

:applause::thumbsup::applause::ride::ride::applause::ride::applause::applause:....that is not even a start but i thought that looked like a cool arrangement...im bored...lol1143222611_l.jpg

**edit...should work**

whats the purpose?? more people supposed to post broken things or what?

wat r the ball things at the ned of clutch/brake levers for?

Keeps 'em from punching holes in soft tissue in the event of a crash.

wat r the ball things at the ned of clutch/brake levers for?

Prevents unwanted stabbings of riding buddies, and innocent bystanders. :thumbsup:

I've read, prob here, that leaving these on, and you crash, it's more likely that you break the lever, cause w/the ball left on the lever can't dig into the dirt as easy as w/it cut off. I have so far left mine on, especially since I've added metal hand guards, and besides, I never crash, right? (subconscious... yeah, right drew...)

Drew W

I remember some old KTM riders used to make a small incision(not all the way through) in their levers so if they fell it would break there and they could still ride.

Yeah I remember that theroy.......kinda lame if you think about it. OK I make my lever weak so that it breaks when I fall.....Dude instead of cutting the lever leave the pinch screw a little loose so the lever holder turns on the bar.....Or better yet practice more so you don't crash so much..... :thumbsup:

I remember some old KTM riders used to make a small incision(not all the way through) in their levers so if they fell it would break there and they could still ride.

that is freaking brillliant.

..i guess u guys could post more broken things....hey lets have a broken bike part collage contest...just post things u have totally f'd up....i want to see some f'd rims and pipes and stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!i will be a judge...hehe....the starting purpose for this thread was b/c i was bored....whollie crap that bike is f'd...man...that had to be a gnarly crash

i know, but i still want to see some of the carnage, and i also want to see if anyone else saves their borken crap just for the heck of it...

didnt the rm fall off a truck on a highway then got run over?

state if its not your broken parts, just so we know.

ive got a perch collection, but i dont want to take pictures.

This whole thing is broke except the levers

BIKECANOFFHAULER.jpg

did that fall out of your truck on the highway or something???

yeah right after the ball, make a little notch on the top and bottom, that way it only breaks it off at that part, works every time, but make sure the levers are far enuf in

if it fell off a truck..it doesn't count...the broken ness has to come off of a crash....lol...i have like 5 sets of broken plastics....iom going to connect them some how...and hang it on my wall in my room...kinda like a mural...it ...to me would be inspirationsal...as to not crash so much...lol