Sign in to follow this  

Looks like its the end of Honda

We all saw that comming but hoped it wouldn't. The only thing they say that is odd is that Honda has no plans for FI on their motoX bikes, but we also know that is also inevitable FI will be here and soon

We all saw that comming but hoped it wouldn't. The only thing they say that is odd is that Honda has no plans for FI on their motoX bikes, but we also know that is also inevitable FI will be here and soon

RIP 2 stroke racing engines. Hello more parts, maintenance, and noise! As for the FI issue, Honda already has FI in an off road motorcycle engine (the Montesa trials bike) and the rumor on the street was that Honda was going FI in 08. I think that Honda Japan CEO was full of sh!t when he said no plans for FI. With the EPA and CARB going after emissions from bikes, FI will be the best way to cut down and keep the Gov't happy. It's coming, and soon.

Its because Honda is making a killing selling valves and it will make up for the 2 stroke loss in sales! lol. Just kidding I don't think its a wise decision-not everyone likes four strokes.

Well we all knew this would happen, especially with Honda since they are to damn lazy to go put money into 2 stroke R/D. But I really hope that they other brands, Yamaha in particular, still plan on making some more R/D.

god damnit, we smoker boys are dropping like god damn fly's we need to do something, like develop thumers so there more relable like smokers,

KEEP THE BRAAAAP ALIVE BOYS!!!

What will the other big five players do to one-up Honda? That's easy. Honda has no plans to pursue fuel injection for its motocross racing engines. Yamaha is already in full development--which means that Yellow and Green are playing catch-up on the last innovation that can make a four stroke faster without adding cubic inches.

Oh, FI in '08, FI in '08...blah blah blah, you all just got shutdown, by Honda that is. Looks like Yamaha may have a FI bike for '08 then? They say it's in the works...hehe.

exactly, thats why ill stick to blu

KTM actually makes very very nice offroad bikes, two strokes included. Before you have owned one, you cant say anything bad about them.

Honda has disliked 2-strokes for years, that's never been a secret.

Personally, I hope for a large resurgence in 2-stroke interest by the buying public- that'd hurt em' where it matters most.

What's next,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOISE! You know when the smokers are gone they'll go after the 89 dbs and all the 4 strokes will have muffs hanging off them the size of a 58 Cadillac. Oooooooohhhhhhhhhh and don't forget the CATALYTIC CONVERTERS!

Remember it's a crime to mess with any smog control devise! :thumbsup::applause::applause:

Damn, I wanted another thumper next year but it looks like I better get a red smoker to put in the shop next to the 06 KDX200 since "it" became extinct this year.

They will be back.

If, IF all 5 companies were to drop the 2 stroke, i bet we would see ALOT less riders. I dont think people realize how big (well, how many) 2 strokes are out there. IMO, i think they will be back, IF they ever do happen to leave.

"2-strokes, you're going to miss them when they're gone and when you're waiting on backordered valves"

-MXA

so true..

They will be back.

If, IF all 5 companies were to drop the 2 stroke, i bet we would see ALOT less riders. I dont think people realize how big (well, how many) 2 strokes are out there. IMO, i think they will be back, IF they ever do happen to leave.

I doubt it. You see so many 2-Strokes, because its what used to be the 'in thing'. I remember the days when the 2-Strokes ruled, everyone was asking what pipe to get, rebuilding top-ends between moto's, all that stuff. Now I see no riders, or close to none, riding newer 2-Strokes, sure you see the ones that people BEEN riding, and still are, but everyone is switching to 4-Strokes. I go to the races, track, everyone is on a thumper, and this includes people from hick towns in Michigan way up north too, even they know the 4-Stroke era has come.

"2-strokes, you're going to miss them when they're gone and when you're waiting on backordered valves"

:thumbsup::applause:

-MXA

so true..

Everyone knows that will only apply to Honda riders. :applause::thumbsup: Hey, hey, they did it to themselfs.