hot start issues

I have a 03' CRF450R and the lever for the hotstart is custom. I bought the bike from a private seller and the previous owner installed the aftermarket hotstart. The lever itself is stuck with the hotstart in the off position. Does anyone know how to fix this? The bike starts fine without it. but I would like to solve this problem.. How do I unstick the hotstart?

?:applause::applause:

Mine did the same thing luckily it was the cable binding in the metal elbow just at the carb. I took it apart cleeaned out the elbow and it is now fixed. the plunger in the carb can also get stuck, I hear it is not the easiest to get unstuck, hope its not that good luck.

I've had two hot start problems, once the plunger got stuck in the carb and the other was the cable seized up. Both are easy to fix. Taking the plunger out is kind of a pain to get to, follow the cable to where it enters the top of the carb. It has a hex pattern so you can put a small wrench on it to loosen it up. You don't have much space to work in but once you get the plastic housing loose, unscrew it and that will expose the end of the cable and the brass plunger. If it's seized in the carb, spray some WD40 or some silicone spray and give it a yank, it will come right out. I'd clean out the carb where the plunger goes in with a cotton swab real good and also take some emory cloth or very find sand paper and clean the plunger as well. Or you can just install a new plunger.

If it's your cable, that's even simpler, just order a new one and replace it.