06 WR-250 missing please help

What do you think of these settings?

MJ-168

PJ-#45

Leak Jet#40

Needle Jet stock/which I think =4clips down.

I have removed the exhaust plug,smog crap,cut throttle stop.Opened up air box.

I cant seem to get it running right,it misses bad at around 1/8 throttle opening.Runs great everywhere else.If rideing agresively it's not a problem,but when just cruising down mainroads/fireroads it's very anoying.

I have tried diferent clip positions it only made it worse.

Sea level 300 to 1500.

Average temp 70 to mid 80's.

Any sugjestions would be much apreciated.

Thanks Al

Here is what I did.

Warmed bike up,and took her for a rip,it was missing at low throttle opening.

Just for the heck of it I took out the spark arester and took it for another rip,

It's fine now?? What's up with that??

My air/fuel screw is around 1 turn out,seems to be much better.

Also pulled the plug and is a nice tan colour.

Whenever I adjust the air screw and turn it all the way in it has no effect on the idle,when I turn it out it seems to run best at 1 turn out if I go beyond that it starts to die.Should I still go down 1 size on the pilot??

Thanks Al

The stock 06 WR250F has only 1 clip position. What needle code is on the needle you are using?

Have you disconnected the Grey Wire from the wiring harness under your fuel tank?

The grey wire alters the ignition and makes the mid-range power drop.

The horsepower curves below are from steady throttle dyno runs at 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, and full throttle.

James

66880205.jpg

That's bad advice. Go ahead and disconnect it. Using a small screwdriver, you can push down on the release inside the plug that the grey wire is connected to. Just pull it out of the connector and tape it up. That way you can put it back in the plug if you want to. (No one ever does).

Removing the spark arrestor leaned up the bike just a little at low throttle. It probably had a bigger effect at top end, but apparently it was enough at the low end to fix the low speed miss. That's what going down one step on the pilot was aimed at.

If closing your fuel screw has no effect, then yes, you're probably still a bit rich on the pilot jet. Try going down to a 42, and adjust your fuel screw. If it runs best beyond 2.5 turns open, then you may actually need the 45. It just sounds a bit rich IMHO, but I don't have a lot of experience with the 06's.

closing the fuel screw (as some call it ) will richen the mixture,i'ts actually an air screw.it lets more air in or not when turning it in or out.in is richer,out is leaner! it does sound like your running it rich so try turning the screw out and if you have to turn it out more than a half turn from the stock position try the next smaller pilot jet.then you will have to adjust the screw again for proper mixture !!!

closing the fuel screw (as some call it ) will richen the mixture,i'ts actually an air screw.it lets more air in or not when turning it in or out.in is richer,out is leaner! it does sound like your running it rich so try turning the screw out and if you have to turn it out more than a half turn from the stock position try the next smaller pilot jet.then you will have to adjust the screw again for proper mixture !!!

it is a fuel screw not a air screw on a 4 stroke.

in is leaner.

• 1 month later...