confused...classifieds replies??

I posted my bike for sale in the classifieds and I am getting a weird reply from somebody that claims he wants to buy it as fast as possible to shoot a movie in Canada...blah, blah, blah.

is this a scam? as anybody heard of this before

I can post the actual reply if needed.

The plot will usually shape up something like this:

They're hot for your bike (like they can't get one anywhere else?) and they offer to pay your price sight unseen, plus maybe even a premium if you help them out a little. They'll send you a check for roughly twice the transaction amount, you send the bike as fast as possible to some overseas location, along with your check for the difference between what they sent and the price of your bike and the shipping. At that point, they will have your bike, several thousand of your dollars, and your bank account info, and you will have a worthless check drawn on a non-existent account.

Just say no. In fact, report the responses to the Brians.

I just a got a similar e-mail for the the 00 426F I'm selling.

As part of the deal I was also offered a plane ticket to Canada to watch the movie either being filmed or in a theater ... I really can't tell because the grammar is somewhat pathetic.

I think I'll pass just the same.... ?

-B

LOL, for everybody's safety here's the actual e-mail:

"Hello, My client saw your advert placed on www.thumpertalk.com and informed me that i should make more enquiries about the sales of the bike i will like you to know that my client is well satisfied with the advert price and present condition of the bike. I will like you to know that my client needs this bike fast so to buy it from you cos the bike is needed to shoot a film in canada which you will be invited to view the film in canada the ticket will ticket will be provided by the film industry.I will like to know if you will accept a cheque for payment if yes pls get back to me with the informations below so that the cheque can be send to you in the first class mail.so i will like you to mail me this informations below for the payment to be send to you asap.Also my client have already arranged for the shipping company that will come for the picking up of the bike and do the papper work too.

NAME TO BE WRITTEN ON THE CHEQUE......................

ADDRESS WHERE TO SEND THE CHEQUE TO.....................

mobile phone numbers...................

ASKING PRICE.............................

I will be looking forward to here from you soon so that my client can tell the shipping company to be ready and come for the shipment of the bike as soon as you recieve the cheque.Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Engineer david woods"

Yeah, I got that one too. I just deleted it. I figure if I reply then they know they have a valid email address, so I wouldn't reply if I were any of you guys.

I was going to report it, but I lost patience looking for who to report it to.

I reply to those with "You are suspect of attempting to defraud a U.S. Citzen. As such, your identifying information has been forwarded to the U.S. State Department, F.B.I., and the authorities in your country for investigation and prosecution."

They stop trying to bait me after that!

I reply to those with "You are suspect of attempting to defraud a U.S. Citzen. As such, your identifying information has been forwarded to the U.S. State Department, F.B.I., and the authorities in your country for investigation and prosecution."

They stop trying to bait me after that!

That's a pretty good one. I kept telling one guy that I needed his address in order to even cash the check. He skirted around that for a while and then finally gave me one. I went to the local offices here and had it run and sure enough..."address insufficient or non-existant" :lame:

Best one I've had yet, I told a guy to get lost and he sent me a check anyway ? ...funniest part, it was printed cock-eyed on the paper! ? Real winners!